Doctor Who Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xSharpshooter94, Nov 20, 2012.

1. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

I hope so too! It's really very exciting. However, how do you feel about the separation of the series into 2 different parts. It annoyed the hell out of me.

2. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

It actually doesn't really bother me. You mean Series 7 Part 1 and 2 right? I don't even know the valid reason for doing that. Now you have mentioned that, I never watched The Snowmen, the one episode that has Clara in it, So actually Saturday will also be the first day that I see her as companion. But, is The Snowmen a really good episode? Because if it really is a good one, I need to watch it somehow.

3. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

You definitely need to watch it. Try to find it around the Internet, it's there somewhere.

4. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

I quite enjoined the episode so much! It was awesome to see Clara bring the doctor out of his funk!

5. SpartanPeter

So its good? Noted! I have something to search for tommorow, its late now :p

6. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Yeah man. i'll send you the place I watch it. The episode really gets better the more you watch it. its awesome and funny and a great start for a new companion.

7. SpartanPeter

Thanks. I will probally watch it today!

8. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I'm super duper excited over The Great Intelligence, especially with the 50th anniversary coming up!

9. Cybermat47

Cybermat47 Promethean

I know, right? The Snowmen was the first episode I saw it in, but I've heard all about the Yeti.

10. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

The new ep was dumb. I don't keep up with Doctor who all that much, but the whole idea and execution of it was terribly done for a new season. All the other DW fans i've asked said they didn't like it either.

11. LIGHTSOUT225

GI's return was cool, I suppose. But the rest of the episode kinda sucked. Thank god JLC is so damn charming and adorable. She and Smith can carry episodes like this all the time, if need be. Hopefully they wont need to though. I appreciate them introducing a new companion in a unique way.. something they haven't done before. But I don't think they framed it around the right episode. The whole WiFi thing was weird, and kinda dumb.

But I love Clara. So, so much.

12. SpartanPeter

I haven't actually watched it yet, I don't know why.. But I hear its not that good? Well, I am first going to watch the last episode of Season 6 (Yea.. I missed that one) then I finish the Snowmen, and then Ill watch the new one, I have recorded that one. Probally do that today.

13. SpartanPeter

Well then, I watched the last episode of Season 6 and I watched the new episode of Saturday now.. I actually did like the new episode, it wasn't amazing.. But it certainly wasn't bad either. But the last episode of Season 6 was amazing, man that was a epic episode.

14. SPL4TTERMAN

SPL4TTERMAN Forerunner

Me and my friends have come up with some crazy conspiracies over Clara and the Doctor. But one thing I'd just like to point out is that the snow remembers. And what was the Asylum planet covered in?

15. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

That was my least favourite episode, of any episode ever. I bet Sharp'll like it though, he's a bit of a man's man.

16. SpartanPeter

Why the **** did I click on your sig.

17. SpartanPeter

So.. Guys, has anyone seen the episode of Saturday? "Hide"?

18. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I thought it was pretty good, up until that last little dialog between Clara and the Doctor. Why the **** did we need to see that ****?
    Wasn't it enough for there to just be a monster? Did they need to explain why it wanted to come back? I guess they sort of had to explain why there were two of them, but "love"? This is the most disgusting season ever.

19. SpartanPeter

Now you,ve mentioned it, I agree a little.. But, you already said it yourself, they had to explain why there were two of the monsters. Love, yeah.. Maybe a bit cliche, I don't really know.
    Overall I found it a good episode, but when I saw the trailer and heard the Doctor say : "I am the Doctor, and I am afraid", I expected something else, a lot more scary. Still, it was good. Did you also notice that he didn't wear his bowtie when he was in he woods? :p

Im really looking forward to see the next one though, that preview was good.

#79 SpartanPeter, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  20. LIGHTSOUT225

Word. The biggest flaw of Moffat's Doctor Who is that everything has to be a love story.

Still, one of the better episodes since it came back from break, next to Rings of Akhaten.