Doctor Who Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xSharpshooter94, Nov 20, 2012.

1. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

I've watched it maybe 15 times at this point. i am really unsure what it is that makes me unsure about whether I liked it or not. Also I have it on my iphone, and it's something to do in between classes.

2. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

Im just going to ask you guys..
    When and how late is Dr. Who on BBC?

Yeah.. My provider accidently closed down my connection, and the programs we buyed, were gone too. They still are, but I have the main ones now.
    Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite shows ever, probally the favorite, but I just never watched it on BBC.

3. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

4. SpartanPeter

That was frickin' awesome, those cybermen looked badass..! That was 41-seconds I will re-watch at least 50 times :p

Im just joining this discussion, far behind you guys though...
    Right as of now I have watched "The Girl Who Waited" Saturday (Great episode :), and I will see "The God Complex" Wednesday. Im watching it on SyFy.

But.. I also have BBC One, I also have no idea when it is on there and when it gets repeated. Im going to watch everything in order of course.. but I just want to know when it is on BBC One. I can't find it really.. :p

EDIT : Ohh.. It is on BBC 3, Friday :p

#44 SpartanPeter, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  5. LIGHTSOUT225

I can't believe this is premiering next Saturday.. THEN THE VERY NEXT DAY GAME OF THRONES PREMIE-

/faints

6. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

James May's Man Lab's third series is premiering Thursday too, if you're into that. Next week is looking pretty topperoonies!

7. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Lmao march 30th on BBC 1 is the new episode of series 7B. The God Complex was not terrible, but not one of my favorites. I find myself liking Matt Smith as the Doctor more and more as I rewatch seasons 5-7.

8. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

That's because your Tennant Boner finally went away, you fan girl.

9. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Well I think Matt is funny! I enjoy funny.

10. SpartanPeter

I agree. The God Complex was still good, not a favorite.
    When the episode finished, I got a weird idea. Just a impuls I guess, Forge The God Complex for Flood mode in Halo 4. I thought it would be fun to build, and a good idea.. What do you guys think? Whatever :p Just a weird idea.

But.. I also just watched The Angels take Manhattan. For the first time.
    I assume you all watched it, That episode was good, and so, so sad... I don't want to see them go. It also bothered me that The Doctor would never see them again. Man it was sad, I was sad, still am right now.. There really is no chance of returning is there?
    Well.. Lets put the sad thoughts away for a second, Im am very excited to see the new episode saturday, And see how Clara does as The Doctor's new companion. It will be good to watch it after my Test week ends.

11. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Have you caught up already? bravo. And yes the Ponds are gone for good. However, if you check the BBC's youtube page, there is a little after death scene that was never filmed put up having to do with Rory's dad. It's pretty good closure for me.

12. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The Angels Take Manhattan was probably one of my favorite episodes with Matt Smith. Can't wait for this and Game of Thrones to start up.

13. SpartanPeter

Thanks. I checked it. It is this one right?

Doctor Who: P.S. - Series 7 2012 - BBC One - YouTube

I should have been filmed, Amy can say goodbye to The Doctor, Why can't Rory say goodbye to his father. And Anthony, I never knew..
    I want to know what Arthur and Karen are going to act in next, I mean. I never really knew about them, until I watched Dr Who. Im interested to see them elsewhere. Thanks for letting me know about the video, it is good closure. It was a sad, but beautiful ending. I don't think I watched anything more sad or beautiful on TV.

There are also two new videos uploaded on BBC, you might not have seen them yet.
    Anyone here, of course.
    Here is - The Bells of Saint John, note the name of the girl.

The Bells of Saint John: A Prequel - Doctor Who - Series 7 2013 - BBC One - YouTube

And a new tv trailer.

Doctor Who: The Bells of Saint John - TV Trailer - Series 7 2013 - BBC One - YouTube

Putting a awful lot of text into this :p
    But I like to talk about this, with Whovians!

It was for me too.
    I got more favorites, but this certainly belongs on the favorite list.

#53 SpartanPeter, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  14. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

I saw both of those and I am super excited for the new season! I loved that P.S. story, I thought it was beautifully written, and even though it did not get filmed, the way they made that video with the illustrations was equally moving. Especially because Arthur narrated it!

The Angels take Manhattan was a good episode and it gave the Ponds a proper send off. However the Doctor seemed useless throughout most of it, and that bit annoys me.

15. SpartanPeter

True. How they did this with the illustrations is awesome, it was good. Really good. Im glad I watched that.

I think I can see what you mean.. But, The Doctor doesn't know much about the Angels does he? More then anyone, but he didn't know what to do.
    But honestly, I can agree with the proper send off. I couldn't see a way it could have been done better.
    But the ending was unexpected, I didn't expect a Angel to survive.

16. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

That angel surviving was a bit scetchy lol

17. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Watch this at your discretion, then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k

18. SpartanPeter

Sharp mentioned that there was a video, this video. I already watched it. It was good to watch it. Its nice to see, that they can still share their stories, by writing and showing pictures. And Anthony who can tell everything they did, curious if The Doctor would ever see Brian again, or Anthony, Have a lot more peace with it now though :p
    There is still one thing I don't get. In the Afterword, Amy writes that The Doctor should visit a girl, that needs a lot of hope right now. Something like that. Seeing the ending, I assume it is Amy herself? How?
    I'm just missing a clue right there.

#58 SpartanPeter, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  19. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

She wanted her to go back and make sure she never gives up on the Doctor!

20. SpartanPeter

I knew it would be like that.. But I wasn't really sure though.
    Now we wait, till Saturday arrives. Hope it will be good!