Do you think the original Recon owners are feeling ripped off?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by OhNoez64, Jul 2, 2009.

?

Are the original Recon owners feeling ripped off?

1. YA RLY.

71.9%
  2. NO WAI.

28.1%
  1. OhNoez64

OhNoez64 Ancient

We all know that the little people on XBL who have not yet hit puberty are all psycho about being to get Recon at the end of the year for ODST.

I'm not too caring of Recon, as the reason most people want it is because other people don't. It was like when the Katana took skill to get.

But aren't the people who were given it Legit are feeling ripped off? I know we have Chipsinabox + alec944, as 2 of our FH Recon owners, but if there are any more, speak up. It's like if you bought an xbox game for $70, only to find the next day it was in the 2 for $20 bargain bin. You'd feel a tad annoyed wouldn't ya?

I personally think that the ODST Vidmasters are near impossible to get, so that you have to try.

Post your thoughts.

2. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

Nitrous also has recon. He can give it out.

Jokes aside, I agree. I hope they make something new to go for, I personally don't even like Recon, and won't even try to get it except for Bungie vs the world.

3. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

I know a bunch did before but with the way Bungie has been giving it away like candy, most (of those I know at least) don't really care anymore.

I'm hoping they make a new one and do it properly. No 'random' stuff or stupid contests, give it to the people who deserve it (IE. Bryan Simon, alec944, etc)

4. Sotha Sil156

Sotha Sil156 Ancient

The only pieces of Recon I would wear would be the left shoulder and the chest piece. I don't care for any of the rest of the armor. I feel that they should have done it right to begin with, only giving it away for the most amazing of feats. Maybe now they'll start giving away the flaming helmet like they did the Recon armor when Halo 3 was first out.

I personally want the palace guard armor that you saw the white elites wearing back in Halo 2 (the orange glowing armor). That or the senator(?) armor. I can't exactly remember what that one was called. Oh well. They don't like elites anyway.

5. redearth

redearth Ancient

The current recon owners aren't being ripped off. All they have to do is not do one of the vidmasters *cough*annual*cough*. Then it's having recon without the achievements. Plus it makes it kinda easier on them, cause their accounts won't be attempted to be hacked as much.

6. Thorax tehGREAT

Thorax tehGREAT Ancient

They can do that but people aren't going to go check through their achievements to see if they've done the vidmasters. I personally think bungie is run by greedy morons most of the times when they pull stunts like this.

7. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

Recon was so much trouble to them. It's hard to imagine it but some people are willing to hack just for Internet armor. If bungie doesn't make a new armor then people will make countless threads asking for flaming heads. The stupidity of some people is ridiculous!

8. Donii

Donii Ancient

And sarge.

At OP:

Yup, To many people tryed to hard and got it, now everyone is getting it.. like there was no point in trying to get it.

#8 Donii, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  9. iRaynne

iRaynne Ancient

They're making a new one.
    They might award the ones who deserved the original Recon with it, but I truthfully don't really know.

10. x 2awesome x v2

x 2awesome x v2 Ancient

I completely agree with what everyone is saying, but if you think about it Bungie has already been giving out Recon way more then they actually should. They should have kept it simple and just given it to the original Recon holders, and maybe the winner of the BIG tournaments (I'm not talking stuff as big as the Meadow [I think that's what it's called] but nothing like a tournament with only 100 people). Maybe if Bungie had a tournament every year on Bungie Day, filled and filled with people, maybe the ONE winner could have it. But other then that, only the very very select few should have Recon.

11. Plasma Napkin

Plasma Napkin Ancient

I asked one. He says he does not care. Its all a matter of who owns it. Arrogant people like (wont say, my opinion) will probably be pissed, since they dont get the kids attention any more. But the ones who play the game for fun should not really have a problem.

12. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

I think recon owners are ripped off by the appearance of recon.

13. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

It's not what they have, but what they did to get it what matters. Sure, some may feel a bit ripped off, but I'm sure bungie has something in store for the ones (if not all) that truly deserve it.

14. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

No, they didn't buy the recon.

15. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

What he said... but seriously, it depends on what they did to earn it, if they took a cool screenshot for example, no offense to the people who have but I don't think they are getting ripped off.

16. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

I think they will actually be happy because they wont get over 9000 messages per game with all the kids scream ZOMG U HAZ REKAWN CAN I SUCK YOUR ****!?

17. Halostar317

Halostar317 Ancient

Is that a reference to something or was that completely random?

OP: I think that the recon holders could feel a bit like they are getting ripped off because they worked hard for something and then other people are going to be getting the same reward for something not nearly as hard.

18. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Maybe not that little, but consider there's probably 500 holders at the moment, including the 100 or so bungie employees.

Assume two bungie teams play through all 24 hours of Bungie Day. A game takes 7 minutes or so. That's 205 games. Assume they win 1/4 of them, that's around 150 teams winning, or 600 sets of Recon being given out. I mean...Bungie Day is cool and all, but....

I'm really hoping the new one (if it's real) is done better.

19. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

I don't think there is a reason to be angry that Recon is becoming unlockable. They had it from the start, and that's something cool, like knowing an awesome band from the beginning, following them and liking them until they become popular. Disliking something because it's popular is a stupid reason why not to like something.

This way, there is more to go around, and people won't be left out. I'm sure some Recon owners may be upset, but really, there isn't much to be upset about. They'll still have the armor, right? It's not a big deal, life goes on with or without an armor permutation.

20. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

I don't think anyone's angry or upset. IMO I just think it could've been done so much better.