Do you like this idea for a new infection game?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by IzanoSlayer, Dec 1, 2008.

1. IzanoSlayer

IzanoSlayer Ancient

I realize that many people that play custom games online love the maps that have a base with brs here and there. They enjoy it when zombies are weak and fast. when I load up a game when zombies have normal resistance without sheilds, i still get people leaving, saying"zombies are too powerful" and such. Me and my friend had created a map series called stronghold that we released and let people play. We ourselves simply tended to the needs of players. It wasn't that fun, but people didn't complain. Why? Because it was a spawnkilling, sloppily forged map with a broken elevator so zombies couldn't get up. The alpha zombie only nabs a few people at the beginning of the game. The ones who enjoy it, are, of course, humans. We did this up until StrongHold 3. But I want to continue the series, but with new ideas, a new approach to infection as a whole. When Zombies can choose "a class." What I want to do here is tend to the needs of the players who love zombieslaughter, and the more creative kind. While the map is still being created, i wanted to hear any new suggestions about this new approach.

Keep in mind zombies spawn with no shields and normal damage resistance.

WELL, WHAT IS IT?

The zombies will spawn in a room for 30 secs so the humans can enter the base and get prepared. In this room, powerups will spawn(not sure at what time thats for you guys to help me with) that will give zombies "classes"

1st CLASS- Uses the advanced spawn settings. After 2 minutes of survival, a zombie will become " a bezerker zombie" with 4X overshields. The 2 mins (not final) is to assure that only elite zombies will become this, and it is few and far between. You may ask "well what if a zombie waits?" I doubt that many zombies will even know how they got overshields, but hey, if a zombie is patient, let him have the prize. Keep in mind that 4x oversheilds is NOT invincible. It will take just as much bullets as, well, 4x oversheilds to destroy.

2nd CLASS-uses active camo powerup. When a zombie picks up this powerup, he becomes invisible for some time. He becomes a "Ghost Zombie" He can now sneak into the base unseen and pick off humans. What makes this balanced is 2 things.
    1. active camo doesn't last forever.
    2. when the zombie kills a human, he will likely die, because he becomes visible again after he hits.

3rd CLASS- MINi BEZERKER uses overshield powerup. This is almost the same as the bezerker, but only has 1/4 of it's sheilds.

I want one more class suggestion using the custom powerup. Can't think of one:confused:

PLEASE REMEMBER- None of these are final ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated GREATLY!!!!

2. EGP

EGP Ancient

Sounds like a cool idea but I would edit your post so that the text isnt white because some people like myself use the Old School Skin for Forgehub and we can not see the text. It blends in with the page.

3. Dr. Chombie

Dr. Chombie Ancient

As long as you have zombies with some sort of shield then it'll be good. Ignore the kids who think the zombies are too powerful because those are the ones who only play to be human and quit if they become the zombies.

4. IzanoSlayer

IzanoSlayer Ancient

Thanks you guys. I'll change the text color now...

5. penguin asassin

penguin asassin Ancient

what about a ranger? the custom power up enables weapon pickup so they can grab a br our sniper something like that

6. IzanoSlayer

IzanoSlayer Ancient

Wow! No lie, that is a great idea! Maybe it can give them sheilds as well, to give them a fighting chance! I'll edit the post with that idea tomorrow.