Do NOT play Halo 3 on September 25th

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Dragoncoals, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Dragoncoals

Dragoncoals Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I hope these people realize that it's almost impossible to add a function to Halo 3 now of all times. The controls are already coded in. And the engine wasn't designed to be allowed to be patched over like how the maps directory and the gametypes directory were. It's similar to how everyone wants new armor perms to be put in, but not understanding how difficult it would be to implement.

But yeah, I wish they had that feature.

3. X5

X5 Ancient

I probably won't play that day, however, I can't link my gamertag, so my efforts might be pointless.

Mr Pokephile likes this.
  4. Dragoncoals

Dragoncoals Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

No, they won't.

When Bungie realizes how many people played online that day, they will know.

And if you must play that day, don't go online.

5. Arch3m

Arch3m Ancient

I was just about to say pretty much the same thing before I watched the video. Well, at least someone other than me sees that.

6. X5

X5 Ancient

On one hand, I see where Nemi is coming from, changing control functions is a tedious process for non PC games. However, it is such a minimal thing, that does not impact gameplay, I am sure if Bungie tried they could do it. However, Bungie is surely aware of this by now, and what will 1 day with less online gamers be? No, if we stopped playing entirely and got like 1000 people, then ya, but currently, most players don't give a **** about Machinima, and are willing to stop playing for that.

7. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

The thing is, Bungie disabled it by default because it was forseen to cause many button glitching cheating in matchmaking. Remember the bad days of BXR? That's why it was disabled.

The Real KingLS2 likes this.
  8. DocMan

DocMan Ancient

They already said that under no circumstances are they going to enable it on Live. End of story. Nemihara is right.

9. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

I probably will be on COD anyway lol
    BUT,,,i did watch the movie and i am going to join the group, i will participate also

10. Dragoncoals

Dragoncoals Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

Nah, you just don't want t give up a day of Halo.

11. StRiKeRj94

StRiKeRj94 Ancient

I joined, #466.

Well they could then just add it to Custom Games and Forge. They CAN add new features. It just deals with encoding on the game. It would probably have to be a Download considering it has to change encryption, but that wouldn't be to much to ask.

12. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

lucky its my bday on the 23rd and a new game would make it easier but dam ill miss halo :)

back on subject, yes it would a very cool feature and i respect what there doing, but i see what nemis saying, we all understand that but we have nothing to lose so why not?

im going to tell all my friends list unless they already know, good find and i really hope it works, and that its possible to place weapon lowering in because if not all out efforts would be for nothing,

so good luck guys i hope non of you go to insane

13. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

I'm going to join, my machinima fell apart the day halo 3 came out.

14. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

20 bucks say the map pack/ map editor gets released this day, and that will be Bungie's counter to this, rubbing it in your faces.

15. EZappa

EZappa Ancient

I would join, but for some reason, it won't let me link my GT on BNet. Oh well, either way, I still won't play Halo 3 on the 25th. Weapon lowering adds so much more depth to Machinima. With the weapons up, everything looks more artificial. I hope that Lower the Guns sees it's cause become a reality. Also, as a side note, that was a pretty good little machinima made for the informational video.

16. bluepenguin23

bluepenguin23 Ancient

what if the poeple who are online that day go to matchmaking and in there get no kills. just stand around and do nothing.
    that would help for the poeple who can only get on that day for four months...

this seems like a great cause to fight for.
    i'm going to message everyone i know to not play halo 3 that day.

i edited my sig...
    do you think it could offend the bungie staff?
    i'll take it off then...

#16 bluepenguin23, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  17. Celestial Panda

Celestial Panda Ancient

But.. but what if I want to play? =[

18. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

Funny, I start College on the 25th... Well... I know I wont play that day. Though, I think even if they got everyone to stop playing Halo for a day, Bungie wouldn't really do anything. (Sad, I know)

I'm still in, don't get me wrong.

19. drak

drak Ancient

aaawww damn thats my birthday.....i refuse.....

jk jk jk birthday is in october!!!

20. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

Kinda sad how probably the best machinima making games can't allow you to lower weapons on XBL. Plus the awkward button combo.