Do Aerosmith deserve their own guitar hero?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by macka654, Jul 21, 2008.

1. makisupa007

makisupa007 Ancient

Aerosmith Invented Guitar Hero

Well, seeing how Aerosmith pretty much invented the whole concept of Guitar Hero, I think I can end this argument. Way back in 1995 Aerosmith released a video game for the PC called Quest for Fame. You are a young musician that has to learn the ropes playing in garage bands and smaller clubs until you are noticed and get to play with Aerosmith themselves in the studio and in concert. The game was the first to utilize a virtual guitar pick that you could use to play along with a song by watching colored lines come across your screen. THEY INVENTED THE CONCEPT FOR GUITAR HERO 13 YEARS AGO!

You may not like their music, but you can't deny they deserve their own game. They invented the genre.

Rock This Way || Quest for Fame

Quest for Fame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the virtual guitar pick

#41 makisupa007, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  2. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

^Very nice find. Its too bad they didn't have any patents on that game, or they'd be even richer than they already are. Has anyone here tried Joe Perry's BBQ sauce by the way?

3. shaneo

shaneo Ancient

13 years ago, those graphics looks a little too good to be 13 years ago?

4. Homestar2084

Homestar2084 Ancient

GH: Aerosmith was alright, anyways. I beat it in 3 hours, but it was fun.

5. Boydeh ..

Boydeh .. Ancient

Oh up yours bullet are good!
    And i pretty much agree!
    Guitar hero and rock band should have a wide choice of bands so people like some and learn some new bands ..

6. Squiiddish

Squiiddish Ancient

Or, you know, they could just make a Dragonforce Guitar Hero. Sure, it would have a whopping 11 or so songs, but it would take you longer to beat than GH2 and 3 COMBINED.

7. Homestar2084

Homestar2084 Ancient

Dragonforce sucks anyways, the only reason anyone likes them is because of Guitar Hero.

8. Dizfunky

Dizfunky Ancient

I would like a Metal Guitar hero... (Drowning Pool, Metallica, Disturbed, Slipknot...). They have some awesome guitar parts.

Also, AC/DC would be fun, but it should include other bands too.

9. Flames290

Flames290 Ancient

I think Aerosmith is a great band, but the game is too short. I like more than one band and playing just one does'nt cut it for me.

I think they do deserve their own game. But don't put out a $100 bundle with a new guitar and faceplate. Is'nt the GH3 one good enough?

10. Homestar2084

Homestar2084 Ancient

GH: Metallica

11. Paralyzed King

Paralyzed King Ancient

Don't believe everything that wikipeida says, It's really easy to fabricate lies on that site.. For example.. Check out your link now.

12. Squiiddish

Squiiddish Ancient

Well, Wikipedia or no Wikipedia, GH: Metallica has already been announced...

13. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

well i personally love aerosmith as a band. i like most of thier songs and music. but did i like the game? no, as aerosmith does have great guitar, hearing the same guy sing over and over got a bit annouying. and i think that guitar hero should have had more songs from like guns n roses or some band like that, the only other song i liked not aerosmith was cat scratch fever. the range of difficulty was small(because its the same band) and to answer my question, no i dont think they should have made guitar hero aerosmith. am i going to return it? no, it guitar hero, just lacking a few "amazing" songs. its a 3/5

14. Squiiddish

Squiiddish Ancient

Well to be fair, the game isn't COMPLETELY Aerosmith... there were some other songs in there