DK Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by N3MESiS, Sep 21, 2010.

1. N3MESiS

N3MESiS Forerunner

This is the first map I've ever tried to make in Forge or any other game for that matter. It started off as me just messing around trying to get used to the controls but it got addicting so I just kept going. I ended up making a map dedicated to the clan I'm in. (Divine Knights) So let me know how the gameplay is. It started off as something to look at then I tried to build on to make for good gameplay but we'll have to see how that turned out.

I played a couple of games on it with some friends and neutral games and slayer were the most fun. I also think this map could be good for snipers because it has a few different levels and all sorts of weird lines of site.

Clan logo at top of building (Shield with crossing swords):

[​IMG]

View of the red base:

[​IMG]

View of blue base:

[​IMG]

Ground view from out of palace:

[​IMG]

View from roof of palace:

[​IMG]

Diagonal view of Palace:

[​IMG]

Random view:

[​IMG]

Random view 2:

[​IMG]

Video fly-through:

YouTube - DK Sanctuary

#1 N3MESiS, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  2. monkeyrantz

monkeyrantz Ancient

i like what i see. its also pretty cool that you were just screwing around and then you decided to make a map out of it. thats how a lot of it starts.

not to mention, this map screams originality so loud i have already queued it for a download. the aesthetics look great and this looks so fun for something like, oh i dunno, team / free for all SNIPERS? thats what i will use it for, no doubt. im really excited to check it out, and great job.

if this was just screwing around, i cant even imagine what i planned map would look like. I WANT TO SEE MORE FROM YOU! and btw, the picture "diagonal view of palace" is sick. amazing work.

3. N3MESiS

N3MESiS Forerunner

Thanks for the compliments. Let me know if you get a chance to mess around on this map. Unfortunately you were the only one to download it out of 190 something views. I'm just looking for ways I can improve on it for when I make maps in the future. I have no experience at all in making maps. I found it easy to make things look nice aesthetically but I don't know a whole lot about map design and getting a good flow of game going.

So if other people could please test this out and give me some feedback and suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.