Divine's "The Portal" [Obstacle Escape #2]

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by ZyMicZ, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ZyMicZ

ZyMicZ Forerunner

From the creator of "The Impossible," I bring you my second map in the Obstacle's series: "The Portal."

*Before playing: Be sure to know this map is supported for two players. However in the end a two-person glitch is possible therefore I have set the max. players to 1. If you know about the ending and avoid two-person glitching to beat it, two people are allowed to play.

Difficulty: 5/5

Starting in a two story building, an idea was used that you probably haven't seen in many others, if at all. You are given one minute to escape the first room before the door shuts and locks you in forever. You are given a hint to find 3 items before being able to leave the building. If you do not obtain all three items, you will not be able to leave the second area. The FRAG grenades will not be needed until the end. They are only to add to the amount of grenades you have, because chances are you will not land the grenade perfect your first time. After leaving the first room you must make your way to the ending making it through very many different traps and obstacles. When you reach the island, you are given the entire land to try and escape.

Constructive criticism and feedback are welcome.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    The Checkpoint Room

[​IMG]

Crack the code, look for hints before reaching this point.

[​IMG]

Rock climbing, or falling I guess. I recommend shooting the dice to clear the checkpoint before doing any jumping!

[​IMG]
    The underwater tunnel. Sprinting is required.

[​IMG]

One of the final buildings you will encounter. Some useful items in this building.

[​IMG]

Climb the tower and achieve victory.

Hints:

• Stuck? Try feeling the walls.
    • After leaving the first building, you are not timed. Take a minute and observe your location for any hidden objects.
    • Cones are very helpful in this map. They direct you in the way you need to go.
    • Hints inside the game are marked by health packs with the letter "H" on them.
    • Be sure to know EVERYTHING on the island before trying to advance to the end.
    • One item in the first building is needed to obtain another item in the first building.
    • You may need to stand on something to reach higher surfaces.
    • If you see question marks on the walls, the hint its reflecting is either near the question mark, or on the opposite side of it.
    • Red lights stand for emergency warning, meaning hurry up and do what needs to be done. Yellow lights are just warning you about whats coming up next.

Other info:

Checkpoints are marked with dice on top of teleporters.

Teleporters are located in the second room after leaving the first building, or the "timed" building.

The "No Going Back" refers to the first room, meaning you cannot re-enter the first building after leaving. "No Going Back" can be seen from inside the first building by looking out the exit.

Funny fact: I used all the money possible in forge in creating this map.

The reason this map was released so early was because it was near completion when my first map was released. Although my third map is very near completion, it won't be released as soon. Stay tuned for "The Cell."

Rate the map, tell me what you guys think, and be sure to let me know if you beat it!

Good luck! Tutorial is in my file share if you're completely stuck.

Special thanks to DNiZ for testing.

If you would like to test a map of mine in the future, please contact me via Xbox LIVE or this website. My gamertag is Divine MB.

Good luck to everyone!

2. Misha

Misha Forerunner

Going to try now =D

3. Bio Cobalt

Bio Cobalt Forerunner

I liked this map more than your previous one. The beginning was not terribly challenging, due to your hints. It did get hard as soon as a friend and I got to the mines. (Good job with the hints, i thought that was really ingenious) Then as we progressed down the rocks, I think it got progressively easier, again. That jump when you're in the water looked very hard, but i managed to get it on the first try. After that, it was pretty clever but I thinked it lacked challenge. The only break-able part, was again a teleporter you can crouch-jump over, and i recommend you fix that. Also, the part with the mines you can easily 2person jump over the wall. The checkpoints were nicely placed. I really enjoyed this map and i'd give it a 4.5/5. I'm eagerly waiting for the next one.

#3 Bio Cobalt, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  4. ZyMicZ

ZyMicZ Forerunner

Thanks a lot. Information like this really helps in the future. I'll get all this fixed as soon as possible.

5. Big Jacck

Big Jacck Forerunner

does the grenade count as one of the three items because i can find the other two but i dont know if the grenade counts - and the on on the roof is hard too this is quite hard i had to go in forge to realise the "?" -.-

6. ZyMicZ

ZyMicZ Forerunner

The grenade is one of the items yeah, anything that you can pickup and use. And I'm not sure what you mean on the second part.

7. A Killing Pie

A Killing Pie Forerunner

Puzzle maps are always great. Also, the hints were a cool addition, not to mention the 2player aspect of it all.

8. jpdominguez

jpdominguez Forerunner

the three items from the first room are only used in the second room or in the hole game? also, the sniper rifle is one of the items?

GREAT MAP by the way :D