District

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by insanitarium89, May 2, 2011.

1. insanitarium89

insanitarium89 Ancient

This map is a work in progress and I'm looking for some assistance in final tuning and testing.

***Introduction***
    I used to play a lot of the older Unreal Tournament games (I believe I played a lot of 2000) and one map always had my attention. It had a bunch of small alleyways with a few more open areas and a couple of rooftops that you could fight on. My goal was to make a Reach map that not really replicated the experience, but was something new that was built off a good foundation a lot of people enjoyed. I also put a lot of work into aesthetics, even though that's not as important as functionality. I always made sure everything has a purpose or it's out of the way of gameplay. As far as I can tell, there is NO Z fighting, or two pieces glitching over each other.

On a side note, there's a Kill Ball hidden off the map to help with a certain effect. I haven't experienced any screen or framerate lag with this on the map, but I'd like to get some feedback from others.

District

[​IMG]

Built mainly for 4v4 Team Slayer.
    It has potential for Territories and Infection. I don't think it's big enough for any type of CTF gametype.

There are 3 areas where there are Soft Kill Zones:
    The rooftop next to Top Blue teleporter
    The opening above the Heli-pad
    The back exit

Weapons (subject to change as testing begins):

2x DMR
    2x Needle Rifle
    1x Needler
    1x Plasma Repeater
    1x Rocket Launcher (somewhat difficult to get to) - 90 second respawn
    1x Shotgun - 75 second respawn
    1x Grenade Launcher - 60 second respawn
    1x Focus Rifle (somewhat hidden) - 90 second respawn
    1x Machine Gun Turret
    3x Plasma Grenade
    2x Frag Grenade
    1x Plasma Pistol
    1x Magnum

I'd like to get a few more non-power weapons and grenades on the map, but it's a very delicate process with the way the map is set up.

Screenshots (in sequential order looping around the map):

Down the main street, Needle Rifle spawn
    [​IMG]

Main square just outside of Blue spawn, DMR, Frag Grenade spawn, inner stairs up to Needler spawn, Middle Bridge, Machine Gun Turret
    [​IMG]

Alley above Blue spawn, Grenade Launcher spawn
    [​IMG]

Main Blue spawn
    [​IMG]

Back of Blue spawn
    [​IMG]

Back alley, bottom of Blue spawn, bottom Blue teleporter
    [​IMG]

Back alley, middle, looking up main street
    [​IMG]

Back alley, bottom of Red spawn, bottom Red teleporter, Plasma Repeater spawn
    [​IMG]

Back of Red spawn, Ladder to Middle Bridge, Plasma Pistol spawn
    [​IMG]

Main Red spawn
    [​IMG]

Top of Red spawn, to Main square
    [​IMG]

Main square above Red spawn
    [​IMG]

Red ladder, added a Frag Grenade and Magnum (not shown)
    [​IMG]

Top of Red ladder to Middle Bridge (added a Frag Grenade and Magnum (not shown))
    [​IMG]

Middle Bridge from Main square
    [​IMG]

Needler spawn on Blue side of Middle Bridge
    [​IMG]

Blue Top teleporter, secondary Blue respawn, added Needle Rifle and a Plasma Grenade (not shown)
    [​IMG]

Red Top teleporter, secondary Red respawn (no weapons or grenades yet, that will also need to change
    [​IMG]

Heli-pad above Red spawn, Plasma Grenade spawn, added a Frag Grenade and DMR (not shown)
    [​IMG]

Back exit, Shotgun spawn (the sandbags mark the start of a soft kill zone)
    [​IMG]

Download link: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

#1 insanitarium89, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. CitrusAbyss

CitrusAbyss Forerunner

I really like how you used the Coliseum's naturally dark lighting and turned it into almost, a big city streets setting. I never played Unreal Tournament, but nonetheless I like the effect you've created. Hope you get it tested, 'cuz it definitely looks awesome!

3. Evade

Evade Forerunner

I suspect you’re talking about one of the DOM maps City Domination or Condemned? You should do an exact remake, that’d be pretty cool. Although you’d have to remedy using translocators to get around which wouldn’t be too hard.

4. insanitarium89

insanitarium89 Ancient

Had a small playtest on it today. It flowed pretty well. There wasn't just fighting in one or two spots. It did feel a bit cramped though, and someone found a way out in the back, so I intend on somehow extending the map back a little bit.

5. stewart140

stewart140 Forerunner

let me know if you need more people to help play test it.

6. Dobam

Dobam Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Its a Close quarters map so i suggest you to remove 1 DMR and MAYBE all the Needle Rifle .

7. insanitarium89

insanitarium89 Ancient

Frenchy, it's not supposed to all be close quarter. I have to make some more space.