Distraction

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by CC Pybus, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Furry

Furry Guest

This looks great. Not only did you utilize alot of forge techniques not even required but you provided the FH community another mini-game classic. I love all of your intelocking and it really reminds of Hobo Heights days... I'm pretty sure this is going to get featured in the next mini-game map pack. Good luck, I'll download and report back with actual gameplay review and provide pros and cons.

2. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

feature feature. Seriously this is an outstanding map i love the distractions all though its gonna be tough with limited ammo

3. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

Again thanks for the comments, please rate and download, and feedback would help after playing it

4. Gamer720

Gamer720 Ancient

This looks really cool. First thing I thought of was Duck Hunt, and I don't know why. But I have to try this out sometime. It's cool how you set the thing so there has to be 2 pallets at a time, I like it, kudos.

5. LieutenantAshler

Now this is ingenuity in action. I know I'll be playing this for a while.

6. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

This is a very nice looking mini-game. It's like a combo of Hobo Hights and Duck Hunt. Very awesome. Very glad you made this. I can't wait to play this on a TGIF.

7. DisturbedPillow

DisturbedPillow Ancient

This looks like a lot of fun. I really hope this is good cuz ducks is gettin kinda old. I just downloaded. I'll be playing it with my friends later.

8. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

Remember to rate please and give feedback after youve actually played it :D Just so you know ive changed the gametype so the game now last 5 rounds instead of 3.

9. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

I really like this, but only a couple things kept me from loving it.

1. Breakable. Rusty would just drop down and not move, and wouldnt die, until he wanted to. Also, sometimes the mancannons didnt work
    2. Pallet failure. I feel like putting a weapon holder on top of the pallets would make the pallets not move around so much. I feel like we died more due to that than the fusion coils.

10. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

thanks for the constructive critisism i will imrove on these things when if i make V2 (i probably will)

11. Sarge525

Sarge525 Ancient

Good map sorta like a termite game where the exterminators have a bug bomb... :)

12. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

Originality: 8/10
    While I've never see anything like this, but it was based off earlier ideas. A possible idea for a fix to team killing ****tards would be to make it so humans do 0 damage. They should be able to still do their current functions (I think... try it out)

Aesthetics: 7/10
    Not an aesthetic map, but it serves its purposes. Nothing perturding or anyting of the likeness to disturb gameplay. Like you said, you tried to interlock.

Playability: 8/10
    You can't really tell with these kinds. But as long as it has no kinks and plays smoothly (without any hidden glitches) than it should be fun.

Design: 9/10
    Looks good. Had to be well planned out for all to work.

Construction: 9/10
    Like I said it serves its purposes. But it followed the design, which was well thought out. And it'd have to be in order to make measurements and such.

#32 Murdock Sampson, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  13. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

What happens if the pallet falls down and the zombie manages to land on it... But the map is 100% original I have never seen anything like this;

14. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

Thanks for the good fedback :)

Murdock thanks for the detailed review
    I think this would stop the pistol from blowing up the fusion coils whn the humans get one 2 minutes into the game.

Well it would eventually respawn, but im making a version 2 where there are two weapon holders securing the pallets so they can't fall and the humans will only fall when the pallets are actually destroyed.

15. Lamposts

Lamposts Ancient

Dude that is an awesome idea for a mini game! BTW I love the spikes that actually do work! 5/5, Very Original and very fun looking from your pictures!

16. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

This truly is original. A good solution though could be that instead of having the open roof just but fencewalls as the roof so he cant shoot through it. Although I love what you did with the teleporters. This map is quite neat and impressive. Truly funny moments will happen when playing this game. 4.4/5

17. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

the roof is actually closed off, what do you eamn when you say put fecnewalls so he can't shoot through it sorry, i don't understand. Thanks for the good ratings though!

18. IcexBullet

IcexBullet Ancient

I really like this map because of the originality and how it's setup. The teleporter spikes really look nice. I love the name of your map and how it relates to what the humans have to do(it reminds me of a gameshow I saw a long time ago). 5/5 and a definite download.

19. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

I think i know which one you mean did Jimmy Carr present it by any chance? :D

20. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

cool idea looks like you put aq lot of thought into this..i think it's better then jenga towers.