Distraction

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by CC Pybus, Aug 11, 2008.

1. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

[​IMG]

UPDATES:

Distraction has hit 200 DLS. Thanks guys :)

This map and gametype is made by CC PYBUS (please don't steal it or claim it as your own)

Downloads:

MAP
    GAMETYPE (Edit: I have changed the gametype so the game last 5 rounds instead of 3.)

NOTE:

This map will support 8 people, 1 zombie and 7 humans, I have not placed respawn points to support more. More would also make the game ridiculous, in fact I would personally say 8 people is too much.

Intro

This is my second contribution to ForgeHub. I have always wanted to release a fun mini-game and finally I have made one that I think is worthy of release. It is amazing fun and I hop you enjoy it. It has had me and my friends laughing and has kept us entertained for a while :D

What is it?

Well you've all seen those infection mini-games like duck shooting and jenga and this mini-game also uses an infection varient. However unlike Jenga tower where the humans simply wait to die, in this game the humans can prevent their deaths, thats where the distraction comes in.

I will use pictures to help explain.

Firs here is an overview of the map, at the moment it won't make much sense :p As you can see I have tried to interlock as much as possible and make the map as good-looking as possible.

[​IMG]

This is the floating base and is the place where the humans will spawn, as you can see the entire floor is made from pallets supported by reciever teleporters. Underneath the pallets which you cannot see is a shield door (I will explain why later ;)

[​IMG]

This is where the zombies spawn and canot escape as they start with no grenades.

[​IMG]

Now I'll explain the aim of the game. Each round lasts 3 minutes, in the 3 minutes the zombie will try to shoot fusion coils that fly across the room using the sniper and BR that he starts with (both have infinite ammo).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If they manage to shoot one of the coils at the right time the pallets will either break or jumble up. Here are some pictures of two successful shots :) As you can see the humans are thrown about. (The shield door is to stop the zombie cheating by simply shooting the pallets directly)

[​IMG]

When a fusion coil is hit it definatley doesn't mean you are going to fall and die, you can still easily stay inside the base, this is because each pallet has a respawn rate of 10 and there is a minimum runtime of 2 pallets meaning there is always a floor to stasnd on. However there is an equal chance that you will fall into the pit to your death :(

Here is the pit: (I tried to make the teleporters look like spikes, incase you were wondering if you do fall you are teleported outside of the map and fall to your death.

[​IMG]

And here is someone who couldn't survive :(

[​IMG]

Both humans and zombies are invunverable, the only way to die is to fall to your death, you only have one life so if you die you are out for the round :( So basically the aim is to survive for 3 minutes!

You may be thinking that it must be difficult to survive when only one succesful shot could be the end of you! This is where the DISTRACTION comes in :D

Distractions:

To help the humans survive for the hectic 3 minutes there are a number of way to distact the zombie trying to make precision shots.

1. The first is very simple, all humans spawn with a plasma pistol simply shooting the zombie in the face with these is enough to put them off alot of shots, watch your ammo as it is limited, here is how distracting the pistol actually is:

[​IMG]

The other three distractions will become available via late respawns further into the round

2. The second way to distract the zombie will appear after 30 seconds. This item is a flare and will greatly put off the zombie for a few seconds while you prepare your self. This will respawn again 30 seconds after use. Here it is and how it helps:

[​IMG]

3. The third way to distract the zombie will repaw at 1 minute and is a needler, when the needles explode on the zombie, the zombie will be thrown back and put of from their shots, watch your ammo as it is limited. Here it is in action:

[​IMG]

4. The last distaction will spawn at 2 minutes (well done if you make it that long) It is a magnum, the magnum has no spare clips watch your ammo. With the magnum you can shoot the fusion coils before the zombie even gets a chance it is the most effective distaction and will keep you safe until you use all 8 bullets:

[​IMG]

So theres the map :D

Scoring:

There is actually no way to score however you will lose 1 point for dieing therefore the winner is the person who fell into the pit the least and the person with the highest score (may still be a negative number)

Final deatils:

• Both zombies and humans are invunverable
    • Humans have one life
    • Humans have limited ammo
    • Zombies have infinate ammo
    • The map is cheatproof (i'm 99 percent sure of that)
    One last point:

Be careful who you play with my friend thought it would be funny to do this:

[​IMG]

And thats everything please be sure to download rate and give feedback :D (download links are at the top of the page)

Remeber this was made by CC Pybus, no stealing.

Thanks

#1 CC Pybus, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    Nobody Worthy and Jimbodawg like this.
  2. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

wow... this looks like a great map!!! I will DL and be back with a review later

3. redearth

redearth Ancient

Deserves feature. Most original mingame I've ever seen yet. Reminds me of pre heroic days a little. 5/5. Is there a time limit?

4. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

3 minutes each round :D Thanks for the comments guys

5. Zachary9990

Zachary9990 Ancient

This is way origional. I wish I could think of ideas like this.

6. QUINN HAS A GUN

QUINN HAS A GUN Ancient

Ha, cool! It's like a revers version of my Big Al game. (Have you played that before?) I'll give it a try.

7. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

This looks really origional
    nice interlocking
    ive seen a version outside of blackouts barrier when the zombie has a splazer but this looks interesting
    i like how the disractions have limited amo and dont spawn right away

8. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

thanks for the positive feedback guys, i'm yet to get the legendary map pack to check out black out maps :(

9. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

5/5! Maybe even a feature. Is this your response to Shock Theta saying that there aren't enough good mini games? It definitely seems like it. I'll give it a download and check it out, and plus rep you gud sur.

10. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Wow a very well made map. You must have thought this out a lot. Takes good marksman skills and everything. When the people fall are they made into zombies? Just wondering. Or do they just not respawn?

11. PingPongLegend

PingPongLegend Ancient

wow that is a really cool idea
    i hope this gets featured
    the spikes are really funny
    the interlocking is perfect
    great job 10/5

12. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

To be honest it actually is, i read it the other day and thought i'd give one ago :)

The humans have only one life so they wait until the round is up :D

13. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

This looks like a great map! Very original, I love the whole fusion coil timed shot situation you have going on here. In a way, it reminds me of Hobo Heights(if you havn't heard of it, download it and play it its super fun), as you are on pallets and and if the pallet below you breaks you will fall and die. Great job again, this looks like a ton of fun.

Oh, and I lol'd at the last picture. When I play Hobo Heights I always pull that kinda prank on my teammates.

14. Arch3m

Arch3m Ancient

Dude, this is great! The idea is fairly original (I've seen similar things, but the distraction factor is a neat twist), and it's very well built. I can't see any ways to cheat at this, either. I really want to play this, it looks like amazing amounts of fun.

15. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

Ha, at the time i didn't find it so funny.

Thanks again everyone for the positive feedback

16. NarutoHaloFan13

NarutoHaloFan13 Ancient

I played this map today.Very creative,I must say,CC Pybus.This map's yelling for a feature.5/5, well done.

17. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

This is one of the most original and amazing mini-game maps I've seen in a long time.
    I can see this on the front page within the next 3 weeks, if not, then what a shame.
    Good job, and keep making mini-game maps, this one is fun.

18. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

I never expected all this amazing feekback :D thanks guys i'm glad your enjoying it :D

19. Elkan Viel

Elkan Viel Ancient

Holy crap I feel a feature coming on...No joke about that!!! This is of feature quality and originality and is fun for the zombie and the humans. 5/5. I would give you positive rep but my rep is in the red so it wouldn't matter lol.

#19 Elkan Viel, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  20. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

this is an amazing concept. i like how you used the plasma pistols as distractions. amazing game ill dl this.