Disposal Facility

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by urfugllyness, Oct 12, 2010.

1. urfugllyness

urfugllyness Forerunner

What exactly were they disposing of? I really don't know.. I couldn't think of a name for this map, the name I wanted Bungie wouldn't let me use. Anyway, this is a large, very open floating arena with many little secrets here and there. This map's actually inspired by Quake II's level "The Shaft" which is what I wanted to name it, but I guess it was too vulgar. Seriously...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    View of the shaft area, which is smack-dab in the center of the arena.

#1 urfugllyness, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. Hat

Hat Guest

If you're going to post so many maps, just put it in a map pack so the forums aren't flooded with just your maps.

3. Portal of Souls

Portal of Souls Forerunner

Despite Disposal Facilities intersting pieces, I found a couple of things to be very large detractors against the map. The Z-fighting on "the shaft" portion of the map was very distracting and made it so I did not want to visit this portion of the map. Also in the shaft your grav lifts operated only sometimes, it was as if by jumping in the main one in the bottom it would only permit you to get half power out of the second lift and then even less in the third. This was an intermittent problem other times worked great. Finally there was or were a place or two where the floor didn't line up great and walking became hindered, also, the verticality of some of the ramps was very exaggerated