Disappearing/Reappearing Objects Possible?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Ix SAINT xI, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Ix SAINT xI

Ix SAINT xI Forerunner

I was wondering if it was possible to make objects such as floors disappear for a few seconds and then make them reappear a short time later? Just for reference; lets say I have a room that sits on top of deep water in forge world, could i make something like the flashing red lights appear in the room at set intervals to signify the players that they need to vacate the room, and then a few seconds later make the floor of the room vanish. And then lets just say 10 seconds later the floor reappears. Is this something thats possible? If so would anyone have any idea how to create this effect?

-Saint

2. sora0314

sora0314 Forerunner

Sadly as far as i know their is no such thing

3. Ix SAINT xI

Ix SAINT xI Forerunner

I figured it was a long shot but I felt I needed to ask. I think it could possibly add a new dynamic to maps if used properly...too bad.

4. fencerman333

fencerman333 Ancient

i have an idea - you can have crates be the floor, and each one is on a thing pillar of sorts. when you want the floor to "disappear", make something knock them off, such as fusion coils, man cannons, etc. Then set the appropriate respawn time for the crates. finally, put a kill boundary so no-one can jump on the pillars.

5. FlamingArmadillo

FlamingArmadillo Forerunner

There actually may be a way to do this, although I haven't done it at all, so...

Say your floor is a grid, make sure there are no other grids used in the map. Set the grid so it spawns at start, and has a respawn time of 10 seconds. Place another grid somewhere on the map that it out of sight, that you are not using, and set it to not spawn at start, and respawn time of 60 seconds. Set runtime maximum of grids to 1.

The way it should work in my head is that you will start with the grid spawned, and after 60 seconds the secondary grid will spawn, and force the primary grid to despawn, and after 10 seconds the reverse will happen, and it would continually happen.

Keep in mind this is totally untested, and only a theory