Different Level MM edition

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by sendernode, Feb 13, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

6.3%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

6.3%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

87.5%
  1. sendernode

sendernode Ancient

Different Level (Matchmaking Edition)
    Created by sendernode

Gametypes Supported:
    TS, FFA, CTF, KOTH, Oddball, Assault
    Recommended Players:
    4-8

Different Level is a wondrously smooth, interlocked and budget-glitched symmetric arena designed for balanced competitive play. We're featuring the Matchmaking Edition, but there's also a version designed around Team Hardcore which you'll be able to find here. If you were a fan of competitive games played on Midship or Lockout then Different Level will certainly keep you fragging for a long, long time to come.

Weapons & Equipment (MM Edition):

Assault Rifle x 2
    Battle Rifle x 3
    Brute Shot x 2
    Bubble Shield x 1
    Covenant Carbine x 3
    Needler x 2
    Plasma Pistol x 1
    Rocket Launcher (Drop Spawn) x 1
    Shotgun x 1
    SMG x 4
    Sniper Rifle (Drop Spawn) x 2

/home/tp-images/Image/DifferentLvl1.jpg
    /home/tp-images/Image/DifferentLvl2.jpg
    /home/tp-images/Image/DifferentLvl3.jpg
    /home/tp-images/Image/DifferentLvl4.jpg
    /home/tp-images/Image/DifferentLvl5.jpg

#1 sendernode, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Re: Different Level

I can't believe that no-one has replied in this thread yet! I took the liberty of downloading all three maps from your fileshare and now that I've checked them out I only have one thing to say. Hail to the Forge-King!
    I've never seen such perfection when it comes to Forge. Are you the one who came up with the Interlocking technique? It sure feels that way atleast.

I'm not even gonna write a review, there's no point since there isn't anything wrong with the map. Bravo!

3. deepmonkey paw

deepmonkey paw Ancient

Yah.. this map really does look great man.. Q'd for DL.

4. pred10122

pred10122 Ancient

wow nice map.

5. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I downloaded this earlier after Shock mentioned it for the next Furious Review. I was going to wait to post something until I had a chance to look at it, but I wanted to make the comment that it looks so nicely made that no one has said anything about the link going right to his file share. It's usually the first post in maps that are presented that way, so it must be good...

6. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Yeah I know, I didn't even bother :p. But this map is just That good. I'm wondering if he's a Bungie employee ;D. Everybody should download it :)

7. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Wow!!!! This looks amazing. You are the king of interlocking!!!!!!!! Nice! D/l'ed. :squirrel_chatting:

8. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Ok, I did a run-through in Forge this morning, and wow, what a well made map. The flow is borderline perfect and the interlocking is incredibly well done. My only complaint is the lack of additional weapons besides the BR and the lone Mauler. I realize that this is obviously set up for seriously competitive MLG-style gameplay, but since you already had the budget glitch going it would have been nice to spend the extra ten minutes to glitch the weapons and equipment for anyone who wants to change up the layout. Again, this is a minor problem and one that I'm already started doing for myself this morning. Excellent, excellent job on the map, sir. If you don't already work for a gaming company, this should be part of your resume.

BTW-is the solitary plasma grenade in the actual map or is it in an area in case you got stuck and needed to suicide? I didn't see where one could break the map and actually get stuck, but I definitely couldn't find the grenade either; and I ran around like and idiot for about 10 minutes searching for it.

9. happythetic

happythetic Ancient

Hey I'll check this out, looks really neat and fun. Nice job.

10. sendernode

sendernode Ancient

Version .92 of Different Level is in my share now and the screenshots and download links have been updated.

I'm planning on making a few minor updates to Different Level:
    - I was trial-by-firing the budget glitch and I'm not happy with the resulting weapon/nade variety. I plan to budget-glitch again to add carbines and possibly a sniper to the competitive version and also replace most of the frag nades with stickies.
    - "Matchmaking version". In general there'll be more weapon variety. The mauler is definitely being replaced with a shotgun. I'm considering either OS/camo in a bottom area and also leaning towards bringing back the sniper. I'll also glitch in some weapon/equipment options
    - A few aesthetics - merge newly added fenceboxes

Thanks for the feedback - it's good to see there's interest in the map!

Got a kick outta the Bungie employee thing - I'd love to do this full-time if anyone's hiring ;)

11. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

I'm gonna check out for your maps in the future :) Be sure to update this thread when you've made the changes to it.

You have been making maps before forge came around, right? Like in UE3 or something like that.

12. pinecone2654

pinecone2654 Ancient

If gorebound says it's awesome, then it's definently worth a DL... I'll queue it.

13. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

amazing use of merging

14. StrikerSniper77

StrikerSniper77 Ancient

I agree, good job!!!

15. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

This looks really nice good job. I'm looking forward to your future releases.

16. RubbrDuckE

RubbrDuckE Ancient

This...is....unbelievable...The interlocking is great! It looks like the floors are all part of one surface and not separate boxes. This is truly awsome. Im downloading as soon as possible.

17. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Haha you're just too kind :)

18. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

I just qued, I'll check it out later.

19. Yekkou

Yekkou Yellow, but with "kk"s

Holy cow dude all the merging. Merging really does everything look more amazing especially if its used correctly like this map. This map is awesome. Another one to add to my collection of maps. Nice map dude.

20. sendernode

sendernode Guest

v.93 shared

Refer to the OP for updated screens and link to thread. Some of the tweaks for v.93:
    - budget glitched (again)
    - tweaked cover and angles
    - almost all frag nades replaced with stickies
    - added carbines
    - os/camo/custom powerups, sniper, AR, carbine, misc items enabled through budget glitch

I wanted to leave a variety of weapons open, but ran into some issues and had to delete all non-essentials.

Re: plasma nade - I found the plasma nade :) It was a suicide nade I left on the floor on the A-side Bungie area.

Please leave feedback/suggestions