Did anybody play Far Cry 2?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by PandaKing, Oct 6, 2010.

1. PandaKing

PandaKing Forerunner

I've been wondering if anybody played far cry 2's map maker, and if so, how do you think reach compares. I am very aware that far crys gameplay and graphics left alot to desired, but the freedom you had to create maps was far more impressive than the very basic tools of reaches forge. I wonder if bungie even played far cry when the created forge world?

This thread is really for the far cry veterans out there, are you happy with Halo Reaches forge, or do you wish it was more like far cry?

#1 PandaKing, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. CornNerd

CornNerd Forerunner

I've only made a couple of maps with Far Cry 2's map maker. I didn't put too much effort in, but it was a lot of fun playing with all it has offer. I definitely think there is a lot more room for creativity with that map maker than Forge, but that seems kind of obvious. However, the comparative simplicity of Forge in Reach makes it a lot less intimidating and welcomes the less experienced players (like me).

Where I think Far Cry 2 is a lot more fun when making and playing casual and recreational maps, Forge seems better for making competitive maps. As cool as the thought is, I think making Forge more like the Far Cry 2 editor would be a bad idea.