Diamond

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Rhys J Mitchell, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Rhys J Mitchell

Rhys J Mitchell Ancient

DIAMOND
    Created by RJM619

Supported Gametypes:
    Especially designed for new gametype Conflict v1.1

Also supports Conquest, Land Grab, Oddball, & Team Slayer.

Conflict is a variation of Conquest, but instead of simple back-and-forth action, the game emphaises multiple access points to each territory. Conflict maps have a 'Central Hub' with a greater number of entrances (other Territories have only 2) but also a power weapon. Controlling this central hub will be difficult, but its occupation gives a great advantage for taking over the rest of the map.

The gametype is vaugely MLG-esque; BR starts, no Radar, but with no grenade starts (to prevent spamming), increased health & decreased speed. Like Conquest, there are 3 rounds of 3 minutes.

Oh, and the official colours of Conflict are Pink & Yellow. =]

Map Description

This map is fully enclosed & a mixture of mid-range and close-combat, with 7 territories for capture. 6 of the territories have only 2 access points, while the central 'hub' has 4.

Controlling this central hub is difficult, but gives you greater command of the other territories. Most of the territories are connecting (the areas outside of territories will be shown below), emphasising constant combat.

The map is based on a diamond, with a large combat area along the middle, and more-narrow corridors on the outside.

[​IMG]

The outer-alleys are much more enclosed and claustraphobic. Players start without grenades to prevent spamming in these areas.

[​IMG]

Note: THE ACTUAL MAP HAS A ROOF. I took it off to take pictures; the map is fully enclosed & inescapable. Here's a couple of pictures to prove it:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Teams start at either end; there is a shotgun above them for the leader to take.

[​IMG]

It has no spare clips and never respawns, so use it wisely. There are 2 grenades just ahead off you; you can either throw them immeadiately to hold the other team back, or save them for combat in the more narrow alleys.

Conflict is BR starts:

[​IMG]

Move towards the central hub to contorl the map

[​IMG]

A Needler spawns above the cental hub with 30s left in the round. Control the hub and grab this weapon for a final push.

Weapons

[​IMG]

To prevent spamming, players start with no grenades. In total, there are only 8 grenades total on the map; 4 frags & 4 stickies. The frags have a 1min respawn time; the stickies have a 30s respawn time.

Because this map is enclosed, there are few weapons on the map, but as players start with BRs, there is not much need for them. All weapons have 1min respawns with only 1 spare clip.

Exceptions to this are the 2 Shotguns (intended for the leaders for each team); these have no spare clips & don't respawn. The Needler spawns after 150s (with 30s left of the round) above the central hub, as an extra incentive to control this area, which is more exposed than the others.

The AMAZINGLY PROFESSIONAL map above also shows the starting areas for the Pink & Yellow teams (the official colours of Conflict!), and also which parts of the map are 'open'; in that standing there will not help capture a territory.

Conclusion

This is the 2nd map for this new gametype, designed as an alternative to Conquest.

This is after the creator of Conquest lamented how most Conquest maps aren't actually Conquest maps. The gametype also works with my other maps; Hourglass & Nucleus (see my sig).

Anyways, I hope you enjoy, and as always, feedback is muchos appreciated.

Download Diamond
    Download Conflict v1.1

#1 Rhys J Mitchell, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  2. KB

KB Ancient

One word for this... WOW! Simply amazing interlocking nice tunnels and pathways! I am sure gameplay would be excellent on this map! Great job!

3. Elkan Viel

Elkan Viel Ancient

This looks beautiful, glad there won't be any grenade spamming, glad there is a roof =D. The map looks well thought out with its enclosed design. 5/5 but please explain the gametype/point of the game please.

4. Mortarion

Mortarion Ancient
    Banned

Looks like a very good map, I also like the gametype aswell, I would advise making a v2 with better weapon placement, and maybe more weapons.

Other than that it sounds very good.

5. BunN eeE

BunN eeE Ancient

Great map, makes me really want to go play it, especially on CTF!

6. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

looks good a cool layout and a gd idea, looks fun, does it hav a roof (sry if u said and i missed it), so ppl cant jump out, look good well done

7. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

This looks like it is constructed very well. And since it is enclosed (which I love in maps) you have my download. It looks like it could be a similar map to DTL's Gridlocked, a map that is simple in design,yet plays awesome. Also, just for kicks, would a Mongoose work on this map? Good work man.

P.S. Did you test this map?

#7 Creeping Death, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  8. KUBLUH the forger

yea, it looks well merged and i really like the fact that its a diamond, i rate it 5 stars

9. Ak Gumby

Ak Gumby Ancient

i didnt see any geo-merging...were you thinking "interlocked"?

10. Brain Hacker

Brain Hacker Ancient

looks amazinging defanlty a Dl and a 5/5 for me

11. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

Ok heres my review:

Good
    -Awesomenessocity
    -Plenty of cover
    -Very tactical
    -One floor to prevent radar confusion =S
    -Inescapable (which i found out is a word =D)

Areas for improvement
    Lets see... not many really:
    -Not a wide variation of weapons, but that was the idea
    -Get this map in your sig dude! seriously, could get featured.

If you found this review helpful and informative please give me +rep by clicking the scales at the bottom left hand corner of this post. ^^ Keep on the forging!

Ps. Put your maps Diamond and Hourglass into a conquest map pack!

12. great job on this map qued

13. Jump4h

Jump4h Ancient

very nice
    well interlocked, designed, and looks like fun
    reminds me a bit of hourglass
    i'm assuming there's a roof on this map
    very good map 4/5

14. Blue Pariot

Blue Pariot Ancient

Ooh great map. It reminds of Hourglass. I loved Hourglass and now I love this map. 5/5 and a DL from me. BTW keep up the good work on your "shaped" maps.

15. Own3dyoo

Own3dyoo Ancient

great job but granade bouncing will be a problem

16. DarkSkullKing5

DarkSkullKing5 Ancient

great map i love small maps like this

17. bluepenguin23

bluepenguin23 Ancient

i love all your maps and this one looks sooo cool too! great job! i love the shape of it how it is two dimonds and stripes conecting the 2. great job!

18. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

This map is pretty cool looking. I love the idea of being able to take different paths to get to different Territories, and then subsequently controlling it. I'll dl this and get back to you.

19. Aranore

Aranore Ancient

Fast post for dl latter : Que is full and not near 360. will edit post latter.

20. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

nice enclosed gameplay its good that you only have on needler in the middle because thatd be so overpowering in those long narrow pathways. i think i saw something similar, the hourglass map i think it was.