Diameter

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by DRiSCOLL, May 14, 2008.

1. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

Created by DRiSCOLL14

Download here!
    Download game here

The name:diameter because its a circle shape map with a wall going through it like the diameter in a circle the only differance is that the line doesnt go all the way through.

this is a medium shaped map, its made for multi flag and is very fun.
    You start of in an indent in the circle, on ur right there is your flag and a fence fall that shows the enemy flag. (there is a wall on top so people cant jump over) your job is to go around the circle and get there flag and come back
    simple!..... or is it
    there are many hidden spots and u will have to deal with the enemy shooting you and capturing your flag.

I tried to make this look as neat and cool as possible so i interlooked almost everything and merged the open boxes with the map. I know they are not the neatest part of the map but by the sniper i made a arrow pointing at it that glows how to do u ask well you could probolly figure it out

edit: no u cant pass the flag through the fence or chuck it over the wall trust me iv tried, i couldnt call it circumferenc bungie wouldn't let me and those bridges ontop are to stop u jumping out so thers no need to turn and interlock.

and now onto
    the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download here!
    Download game here!

Thnks for all your cmt i really aprieciate all the posotive feedback
    a couple of things: the bridge on top is to stop people jumping out of the map.

#1 DRiSCOLL, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

I like the look of it! you used a lot of popular techniques and I think it might have paid off, it looks like it could be a lot of fun, nice post as well...

3. brendanxboy

brendanxboy Ancient

cool map!it kinda reminds me of mine,but its big,lol

4. PlasmaGlory

PlasmaGlory Ancient

This map has some really good, neat merging and looks like a lot of fun, but I think Radius would be a more appropriate.

5. PlasmaGlory

PlasmaGlory Ancient

Sorry about this second post, accidentally hit back then forward.

6. Jebus1001

Jebus1001 Ancient

Nice job on the interlocking, I wonder what's behind the pallet?! I guess I'll have to DL and find out...

7. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

I love the asthetics. this looks like a map im building now which will be out soon^^. But seriously great map i reccomend DL's for everybody

8. Tex

Tex Ancient

I am happy to see the merging technique being used more frequently, though, some of the interlocking looks like you just said "screw it, im done" and you just wanted to get this published, understandable, very understandable, but i would have liked to seen this a little cleaner, the layout looks really good, especially with the two flags right next to eachother, keep up the good work, and I hope maybe to see a v2

9. ZCT

ZCT Ancient

Looks good.. Just one thing, In the 1st picture of the bridges, I think it would have be smoother looking if you had flipped the bridges and interlocked them....

10. Metroshell

Metroshell Ancient

Looks like a great map! The only thing that I think you should've done is merged the bridges heading towards the middle into the double boxes.

[​IMG]

11. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

well, i'm guessing the bridges were placed just to avoid possible escapes from the map, in which case they should look fine, but if you are able to walk on them i would definitely flip and interlock them.

12. Killamanjaro123

Killamanjaro123 Ancient

if it goes halfway through than it would be radius, but otherwise great map. The incorrect name almost stopped me from downloading, but it was just too good

13. agemscor

agemscor Ancient

very cool i am curious as to where the hole leads too will have to dl to find out i guess and metro ur sig turned out cool

14. bib bob

bib bob Ancient

looks revolutionary and fun
    like the circular shape
    well done

15. wiggums

wiggums Guest

dude this is awesome! i love the fact that each flag is so close, yet so far away... lol

16. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

this map looks very good. it looks very smooth, very nice use of interlocking. it looks very natural, with the scenery and everything. by that i mean it looks more like a default/bungie map than a forge map. everything is well placed. great job!

17. R0CKET M00SE

R0CKET M00SE Ancient

1 rods orgasmic

18. R0CKET M00SE

R0CKET M00SE Ancient

sry bout second but 1 word orgasmic

19. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Use the edit button next time.

The map's interesting, but isn't 'Radius' a better name for it? Seeing how those are Radiai, and not diameters.

20. SPAGETTII

SPAGETTII Ancient

wow awesome interlocking