Destructible skybridge

Discussion in 'Reach Screenshots & Videos' started by leegeorgeton, Nov 25, 2010.

1. leegeorgeton

leegeorgeton Forerunner

2. DavidJCobb

DavidJCobb Forerunner

This oughta be in Forge Discussion but it is a clever trick nonetheless.

3. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

ive seen this done before, but you dd it in a much nicer way.

how is the bridge implemented into the gameplay of the map?
    it would be cool if it was an escape route for flag carriers,
    and the defending team can destroy it to make their escape harder,
    but in doing so, they also destroy their access to a certain power weapon/vehicle or something
    thus balancing it

4. leegeorgeton

leegeorgeton Forerunner

I'm already working on a map that implements something similar into a flag carriers escape route. This route would be the fastest but most risky, while a few other slower routes would still be available.

5. MjB Shrapnel

MjB Shrapnel Forerunner

leegeorgeton: As Titmar said, you may need to restrict the defending team's access to a particular weapon or vehicle, otherwise, they could just hold the bridge down each time it respawned, meaning the escape route wouldn't be utilised as much as expected.

Cool bridge though :D

6. Dandino

Dandino Forerunner

I just ran through the map and it looked very good, there was one point that kept annoying me while i was looking at the destructible skybridge cause i kept falling down. The skybridge is a good idea, however with only one way to destroy it, and not many people wanting to block off access to rockets, i think it would be a good idea to make a way to destroy the bridge from the inside. That means if an enemy gets to rockets at the beginning you could go down in a flame of glory by running in and taking out another "switch" of sorts to destroy the bridge and take him with you