Destroyer 5000

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by A Grumpy Grunt, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyMaximumv

OnlyMaximumv Ancient

its fat alright but if i were you i would add colorblind fx to the map so it is not a big rainbow

2. nullstar

nullstar Ancient

he looks fatish, interlock more plz

3. Pro NZ Assassin

Pro NZ Assassin Ancient

4. a-groeper

a-groeper Ancient

OMG it's a walking box with arms and a head! For a robot, it's a relatively good creation, but I'd round out the body with some merged-in ramps and a semicircular arrangement of boxes. Also, when the hornets take off, wont the energy barriers just stay floating there?

5. Biggles2

Biggles2 Ancient

Looks pretty good, though the body looks a little square but other than that, it looks great.

6. CanCerBer0

CanCerBer0 Ancient

Good Work... 5/5

Download Map

7. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

two words.....run....away

8. Fillmore Roy

Fillmore Roy Ancient

The simplicity of this thing is what surprises me. It is very wide, but very thin thickness-wise, and uses no interlocking based on the single pic. (That reminds me - usually, one pic doesn't cut it in terms of post standards. But seeing as this build is so simple, one pic explains everything)

Personally, I'd configure this map so that it can be played with the built-in objective gametypes, with the defenders on the robot and the attackers in the base, giving the defenders a seperate, safe respawn zone with teleporters to the bot. Then configure the map for playability on objective gametypes and you're set for a bunch of DL's.

I'll add to this post later when I get a chance to go through in Forge.

EDIT: I'll admit it - I was wrong about the interlocking. There was a little bit in the body and arms, and the Scorpions are interlocked with the "wrists." One little tip for a next version - don't interlock the Scorpion. It glitches out and causes the game to lag a bit. Instead, when forging, have a second controller or friend hold a Scorpion where you want it, place a barricade where you want it, then use the save-quit-restart technique for floating objects to eventually immobilize it. Check out the Forging 101 section for more on this technique.

Otherwise, this build is pretty cool. It's given me a few ideas for my next project.

And, to the below post, almost all the objects used in this build are immovable, so this build is stationary. For that matter, I've never seen a robot that can move, let alone walk.

#28 Fillmore Roy, May 25, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
  9. Laxeric198

Laxeric198 Ancient

can it walk?

10. halohunter256

halohunter256 Ancient

holy crap thats big nice job i would dl but my 360 is being fixed and dont have any room

11. Huntar

Huntar Ancient

that is one...
    JIGANTORRRRRRRR
    robot you got there.
    it looks really good. lol
    I love how wide it is :D

4/5

12. xXxI4 shotIxXx

xXxI4 shotIxXx Ancient

Is that a wraith as the facial details?If it is you forgot to mention it in the descript.Its big but looks bulky.Try merging to give it a distinct shape. 3/5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.