Destitute in Chains

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by RightSideTheory, Feb 8, 2013.

?

What do you think of this feature?

1. Not my style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Okay

5.9%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good

17.6%
  5. Great

76.5%
  1. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

[​IMG]

Destitute in Chains
    By | [user]REMkings[/user]

Players | 8 - 16 (Default)
    Gametypes | Shadows and Dust

Destitute in Chains is a terrifyingly good infection map designed by the infamous REMkings. This titan of infection forging has outdone himself, once again, with this eerily well designed infection play-space. From the purposefully cramped spaces, to the ingeniously designed layout, this map is a perfect lesson in infection forging. As you transverse your way through the seemingly mazelike infrastructure of this map, dappled with dynamic lighting, you'll find yourself checking behind you, keeping an eye out for the shimmer of enemies, and breathing much heavier than you're comfortable admitting to your friends. Destitute in Chains also manages to balance humans and infected, giving the infected active camouflage (easily used in the low light setting), and humans an increased threshold for flood claws to the face. A boring game cannot be found on this map, making it a favorite to throw into the mix for a custom games party.

H4FM - Best of the Dead Contest Results! (Custom Flood Maps) - YouTube

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Destitute in Chains

By | [user]REMkings[/user]

If you have seen a map floating around the board that you think is worthy of a feature then head on over to recommend that map for a feature. Additionally, if you have any questions about this article in specific feel free to voice them in our front page feedback.​

#1 RightSideTheory, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  2. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

This is a great map, i liked it a lot when i played it.
    Fantastic atmosphere.
    Congrats REM!

3. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

Wasn't LSIALM supposed to get a feature? I guess this was supposed to make up for it lol
    Congrats Remmy, this looks like an awesome map to play!

4. Redy

Redy Hipster

Nice one Rem, congratulations, that is definitely a awesome map!

5. Robius5991

Robius5991 Promethean

Congratulations on the feature REMkings! I absolutely loved the feel of the map when I tried it in your lobby. You really managed to capture the atmosphere of the dark, frightening mine. You really deserve this feature, keep up the great work!

6. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

Thanks for the feature! I will soon put a gameplay recording in my fileshare with dynamic lighting on the map (there's been found a trick on how to get dyn lighting in theater); feel free to take similar screenshots from that footage so you can actually see how dark it is and how the lighter places stand out.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Goshdarnit Zigy, go join my BIOC lobbies again! Then you would know it's an awesome map to play, haha! xD jk

#6 REMkings, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  7. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Good stuff.

This was pretty fun the last time I played it despite my disdain for invisible zombies, hahaha.

8. caughtsword4

caughtsword4 Promethean

Congrats! I loved the original Lone Souls in a Lost Mine and this seems to a revamped version of that. I must dl this. It's kinda hard for me to find a larger lobby tho.

9. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

It works neat with 8-10 players too, you can try that if you can't get more players.
    Thanks!

10. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

-_-...
    *Tactical facepalm incoming*
    I thought the map was called "Shadows and Dust"
    The gametype.. Argh...

I have been searching for an preview of this map, looking out for Shadows and Dust instead of Destitute in Chains.
    But I have been playing on this map, and I must say.. This is a worthy follow-up for LSIALM. It plays very well, and that was still in the test phase. Very interested how it eventually turned out.

Absolutly love the atmosphere, and the new room where the furnace is. My favorite room in LSIALM, it also is here.
    I can remember playing this in the test phase, and the turret kept re-spawing.. Eventually 7-8 people including me had a turret, awesome stuff.
    But this map is killer, its awesome. LSIALM was great and this is, I think, just as good. Great work REM.

11. Faulk Smash

Faulk Smash Ancient

Amazing! Truly amazing! So fun to play on. I was hosting a custom lobby and was showing off all my maps, and played this one last and everyone said it was their favorite.

Well done!

12. REMkings

REMkings BIOC