Desolation

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by jomamma14, Sep 22, 2008.

?

what did you think of this map

1. very good map

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. ok map

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. bad map

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. worst map ever

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. jomamma14

jomamma14 Ancient

Desolation
    created by Jo mamma14

Base map: Foundry

Description:
    yo my gamer tag is Jo mamma14 this is my first post and my first attempt at a "serious" map so please don't flame me to bad. I did post this map before under the name Eclipse but it was spelled wrong and some one already posted a map with that name. this is the same map as before but updated and I gave it a new name.
    Eclipse is a smaller map plays good with around 6 players. My inspiration for this map was the halo 2 maps Desolation and Warlock. The map in a octagon shape, it has two main bases and two small bases.

Supported Gametypes
    Team slayer
    FFA
    One Bomb
    One Flag
    Oddball

Weapons on map
    x8 BR
    x2 SMG
    x2 Shotgun
    x1 Sniper Rifle
    x2 Spiker
    x2 Magnum
    x2 Plasma Pistol
    x2 Plasma Rifle
    x2 Brute Shot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download hear
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

#1 jomamma14, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
    Reflection likes this.
  2. K3V1N

K3V1N Ancient

the map looks very well constructed. the center structure has been interlocked beautiffully. i will download. but it needs more pictures. it also looks the best for slayer and team slayer game types

good job though

3. jomamma14

jomamma14 Ancient

ok i will put more pics up today thanks for the download

4. minato

minato Ancient

This map looks like it would be fun to play, and I agree with K3V1N, the center structure is interlocked beautifully, but I disagree with him about the gametype thing. I think it would do best with CTF or KOTH. For that reason, I won't DL, but I give it a 4.8/5, which I will round up to a 5 when I use the Thread rating thing.

5. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This looks pretty cool with a good concept but i must say, and I doubt I will be the only one to say this. You need more cover on the floor. Its just a little to open down there. Other than that, it looks great. I love the middle structure an the weapon setup seems pretty good. I give you a 7/10.

6. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

I love the centerpeice, the interlocking, the layout, the weapons, and the gameplay. I am glad you renamed it because there was already a map called eclipse. Very good job, I hope you keep making great maps like this. I will DL!

7. IrishBeast

IrishBeast Ancient

Very nice, and smooth..I like it.

8. HWC ozzie

HWC ozzie Ancient

I read this map, and I was like oh yeah, someone finally remade it. I don't believe seeing anyone attempt to remake this map. I loved it, and this remake of it or I mean, this inspiration is simply amazing. I don't see anything wrong with it from the photos. The weapon list seems fine, its not too overpowering. It just seems to be perfect. The only thing that worries me now, is after I download this and the spawns are messy. I hope not. But an amazing feat sir. Great job.

9. TKOwnedU5

TKOwnedU5 Ancient

Good job 4/5 get more pics up please thank you!

10. Bleet Tameheart

Bleet Tameheart Ancient

Alright. I did a fairly brief forgethrough, and I have one pretty big complaint:

It took me a good ~45 seconds to find out that there was an alternate path to the higher level, other then the dumpsters that surround the center structure, and I'd imagine that it would be much longer, if at all possible, to find the stairs under actual combat. You should try to grab the player's attention by, say using the flashing part of the teleporter, or the A/B signs, or interlocking the powerup into the wall, etc...

Also, I felt that there wasn't enough cover on the ground level, nor any weapons on the ground level to help fend off attackers should the player accidentally/intentionally fall down.

That being said though, if you can take care of those two, then this could definitely be a good map.

11. Toxic Spade

Toxic Spade Ancient

Although, I did find some cover in this map, there simply wasn't enough. I liked the layout, but like I said before, their simply wasn't enough cover. You should definitely make a second version of this. It has potential.

12. floosie

floosie Ancient

nice remake, its very cool. I see you can get ontop of the center. I like that.