Sandbox Deserted V2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by harlequin11087, May 8, 2009.

1. harlequin11087

harlequin11087 Ancient

Well, here's our second shot at Deserted. We cleaned up a lot of things that were mentioned in the replies on the last post. Thanks again for all the input. It helped bring the map to where it is now. The height of the Banshee Bay has been increased to prevent grenade-jumping. The core of the blue base has been re-done entirely. We were looking at it one night and started to dislike it. It paled in comparison to red base. So, we made blue base an equal to red.

The weapons issue was a simple fix. In a desert, there is little to be found. Therefore, the number of weapons on the map has decreased quite a bit. Here are the stats:

6 Battle Rifles
    2 Assault Rifles
    3 Sniper Rifles
    1 Carbine
    2 SMGs
    1 Energy Sword
    1 Mauler
    3 Shotguns
    1 Needler
    1 Spartan Laser
    3 Plasma Rifles
    1 Spiker
    1 Plasma Pistol
    1 Magnum

Here are some NEW shots of the map.

The aerial overview...
    [​IMG]

The new blue base....
    [​IMG]

... and the back.

[​IMG]

We added a corner and a wall to provide cover here and got rid of the shield doors. They were nice, but we like this better.

This is where you can find the needler and the mauler. This is the covered area by blue base.
    [​IMG]

The red base has some better color now, too.
    [​IMG]

Here are some shots of the basement as it stands now. (Used to be the armory.)

[​IMG]

As you'll notice in the pic below, the portal has been put in the corner to prevent assassinations and downstairs domination.
    [​IMG]

The Key got a couple of edits as well... here they are.

The floor between the tube pieces has been expanded for better sniping and movement. Also, the banshee portal has been put on top of the tube, as well as the sword.
    [​IMG]

We had to make the task of getting to the sniper perches a little more challenging.

[​IMG]

Fins have been placed around the Banshee Bay housing both a frag and a plasma grenade.
    [​IMG]

Last, but not least, the new Banshee Bay. I, personally, think it's the most aesthetic area of the map. I hope you guys do, too.

[​IMG]

Download the new Deserted here

2. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

Please take your shots in custom games not forge you should also try to include some action shots they are more interesting to look at and it shows that the map was tested

As for the map itself I am not really a fan of multilevel maps you end up with 3 small sub par areas instead of 1 great area

the map seems very open and there isn't really anything that jumps out at me and makes me want to play it and those turrets will kill pretty much anything on the main level

sorry

3. Maxgumby

Maxgumby Ancient
    Banned

looks a little open but otherwise good job.