Sandbox Derkaderkastan

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by de AiRiK, Apr 20, 2009.

1. de AiRiK

de AiRiK Ancient

DERKDERKASTAN:

EDIT!!!: HEY GUYS IF YOU LIKE THIS MAP CHECK OUT OUR LATEST!
    Cairo..in Egypt

Download Here: Halo 3

RPG!!!

Hey guys new map for ya. The fifth map created by us zgriffin22, de AiRiK, and rmc97.

BTW: this map is freakin epic

Based off the city from the movie Black Hawk Down there are infinite corners and areas to duck and cover. Towers, buildings, pillars, walkways, catwalks, arches, everything is in this map.
    Dodge duck dip dive and DODGE

Gametypes: this map is setup for IT ALL.

Recommended Gametypes:
    Slayer (team and FFA), KOTH, ODDBALL, CTF, ONE BOMB, INFECTION, TERRITORIES, VIP

Weapons:
    BR's x 16
    Sniper x 2
    Shotty x 2
    Rockets x 2
    Maulers x 2
    Spartan x 1
    Frags x 17
    Plasma x 8
    Flare x 1
    Tripmine x 1
    Regenerator x 1
    Bubble Shield x 1

OVERVIEW:
    [​IMG]

Cluster of PWN:
    [​IMG]

Try an Find me:
    [​IMG]

I sees you:
    [​IMG]

Dodge duck dip dive and dodge:
    [​IMG]

Can you get up here?:
    [​IMG]

Perhaps...:
    [​IMG]

The Beast:
    [​IMG]

Download Here: Halo 3

(Other maps created by us:)
    Bakalakadaka St.
    MLG Twigadee

#1 de AiRiK, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

wow very big brain teaser this one is, this map looks very pleasing, weapons you have so many weapons on this small map

this could be featured

4/5

3. Arvas

Arvas Ancient

looks WAAY too confusing... it might be ok, but it sure seems like everyone would get lost playing it. And I don't really know how that would effect gameplay, 6/10. Try making it less.... cluttered...

4. LIGHTSOUT225

I know you didn't mention SWAT as a recommended gametype, but this looks like it would play it very well, especially in a FFA capacity. I'm curious, was there a method to this madness (was there a plan during construction?), or is it mostly just random? You may want to consider the red and blue lights around the map to help orient the players a bit more throughout it. It seems confusing enough as it is. The lights would ease those qualms a bit

5. MAP MAKER

MAP MAKER Ancient

WOW, congratualtions creating a map with call of duty styled detail, i think the geometry and the buildings alone should be enough to remind players of where they are as a testiment to thier skill. Ive put in my DL list and im eagerly awaiting its download, i only hope it plays as well as it looks and it isnt a randomly generated spray of buildings and cover ... fantastic work

EDIT ~ plus i just noticed the name ... genious lol

#5 MAP MAKER, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  6. The Violence Within

Holy cow, we now have a map that shows exactly what you can do with the entire Budget, i'm surprised that you didn't hit the object limit.

You should make a Search and Destroy variant from COD for this, it would really suit it because I agree with what someone up there ^^^ said, it really does remind me of COD maps, especially Chinatown from COD4 for some reason.

Like Lightsout said, you really do need something to make certain areas stand out like lights and/or kill balls that help people navigate.

That it other than that it looks good, also how many people could you fit on this monster?

7. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

This is crazy complex and awesome. I can imagine just how amazingly fun it would be playing not just Slayer, but many different objective gametypes. It's like Hang 'Em High on steroids. Is it asymmetric? Symmetric? It's so blazing confusing that I like it.

8. god4

god4 Ancient

This map looks excellent for some squad battle.
    Also, this map reminds me ALOT of Oasis from battlefield: bad company... was that intentional?

9. Maxzy

Maxzy Ancient

This looks pretty cool. I like the urban feel to it.

Im going to try playing SWAT and preadator on this.

10. Rogue Shadow IV

Rogue Shadow IV Ancient

Dude this would be a great predator map because in is a very closed in map and the humans would not know were to go. But, it really Isn't a good map for teams because you can get lost very easily and the whole game the players would stay at their base and maybe send one or two people to get the flag. It would though be really crazy if it was on BTB. You've got my download. 5/5

#10 Rogue Shadow IV, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  11. spectraltravis

spectraltravis Ancient

when i saw the first pick i was goin holy s*** this is amazing this map is so good for alot of gametypes i think infection would be great just cause if you make a wrong turn your screwed and games like territorys or king of the hill would also be good but some parts of the map are a little sloppy like in pic 2 the half walls look slanted

12. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Ancient

You took the words right out of my mouth.

This map looks crazy fun. I agree with most, SWAT and Infection would be really fun. I have it marked for download right now.

Ohhhh, a FFA rockets game would be insane!

Great job man.

13. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

Dude, this map is crazy, very confusing.
    I LOVED IT!

Its perfect for Infection and SWAT.

Now 17 frag granades arent too much?

And I think would be better more landmines. It kind of fits the map.

Download for sure.

14. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

WOW, I really like the idea behind this. I wish I could tell the layout but thats friggin impossible. I always wanted a city map like this in the old Foundry days but it was hard. Now its begun and I like it alot. I was wandering like Lights said, was this planned out or just thrown together over time. If this layout was planned, than your brain must hurt.
    At first, I saw this
    BR's x 16
    Sniper x 2
    Shotty x 2
    Rockets x 2
    Maulers x 2
    Spartan x 1

And I thought that was fail, but with such close quarters over such a massive size map, it might not be too bad. I would make it just 1 shotty with 2 maulers, but thats just me. Hopefully those 2 shottys have no spare clips cuz thats gonna be deadly. I also think that 2 rockets is stretching it when there is a laser here. This is just my opinion though, your map, you do what you want. I am downloading this and checking it out. I will get back to you tomorrow.

15. MILLS1994

MILLS1994 Ancient

wow only if if halo could be like 16 on 16 then this would be amazing:D
    dont worry it would still be amazing on 8 v 8

16. Spirit798

Spirit798 Ancient

Dude, you might be able to play 8 vs 8 on this. People will be EVERYWHERE!
    Narrow ways, high and low, lots of random sticks to throw!

D/L this, it looks awesomely complex.

17. de AiRiK

de AiRiK Ancient

hey guys, thanks for all the comments keep em coming!
    Figured it was high time to respond to a few of the questions.

Weapons...Yes there are alot, but they're spaced erratically and some are hard to get to. If you're not looking, you can easily walk right past rockets or spartan laser...you get the idea.

Yes this map was modeled after COD maps. We enjoy the gameplay and wanted to recreate a cityscape type map.
    Surprisingly, there was alot of thought that went into this map, things weren't just place in random places, every piece has a purpose.

And no...no it is not symmetrical...

As for gametypes...just about everything works really well...maybe not in the typical sense of the gameplay like people are used to...but just about every gametype works really well. We wouldnt recommend it for 1v1 oddball or anything of that sort...but what map is really good for 1v1 objective. Any team size is alot of fun though...FFA is amazing...and objective games take alot more strategy than just running around and shooting at things.

And the most talked about...Markers.
    We purposely did not place Red/Blue lights because of the fact that we enjoy it that way. This map is assymetrical, buildings are unique, figure out where you are. If you get lost, that's how it is supposed to be. We created this map specifically because it is easy to lose your assailants as well as get lost yourself in the process. If your enemy doesnt know where you are, you shouldnt either. Just as in COD but to even more of an extent.

Keep the DL's coming and enjoy the map!

18. Blep1337

Blep1337 Ancient

I love the MASSIVE city idea and the close quaters...now im not one for close combat, i like to snipe more but i think this would be an awesome map for tons of people and i agree with you when you say this map is freaking epic

19. CR4ZY S1ICK

CR4ZY S1ICK Ancient

Nice but it could alittle better neatness and cleaness.

20. CaptnSTFU

CaptnSTFU Ancient

Wow my first impression was wow that alot going on. but upon further inspection i have to agree with the majority, its very cod like "my #2 game or #1 depending on the day" it looks really really fun great job man, the hornets seem like they would work more for just dropping people out of the sky though lol. 5/5 from me im dl'ing and playing 2 nite.