Der Riese

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by cowboypickle23, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Gr4phix

Gr4phix Ancient

Well now Mr. Pissy, how is this map a disgrace?

This is almost an exact remake of Der Riese.

All I can say : Stop hatin`

2. OMFG Im Booth

OMFG Im Booth Ancient

im not hatin i recognize it took a lot of time, for nothin lol

there is no possible way to make it work completely correct, either its the humans getting out, or the map just not working.

all im sayin is if you wanna play zombies, buy cod waw and play it there, that is where you'll get the best experience. this map is a disgrace compared to treyarch's **** zombies. i just don't see how it would be fun.

3. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

It's a post like this that can easily be considered a bad review. You obviously didn't even consider playing the map by your post, and telling someone to just buy COD: WaW is just being ignorant.

4. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

sorry about the gameplay. i dont have anyone to ever test. so i have to post just hoping itll be alright. tell me the problems and i might be able to fix them. thanks.

5. ZhonLord

ZhonLord Ancient

I've been running through the map a few times, and I have a great suggestion for another gametype to go with this map: Hide and Seek (reference to the three teddy bears hidden throughout the real Der Riese).
    Three people are the zombies. They have full camo, no waypoint, and don't show up on radar (make the non-infected radar show allies only). The goal is to work together and find/shoot the "teddy bears".

As for the map itself, I like what you did. It's well made, considering the limits of forge, and you did a good job recreating as much as possible. Nice job. I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but I'll give more feedback as soon as I do.

#25 ZhonLord, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  6. monste blast

monste blast Ancient

Great job on the map. As many others have noticed, it's very possible for the humans to hop over the windows. I have also noticed that the random box can sometimes hurt or even kill you. The flow of the game is great. I think the custom power up could spawn every 60 or 90 seconds because it spawns too early in the game. 4.25/5

7. Randomdude1194

Randomdude1194 Ancient

Well really, if I want to play der reise then i'll play the real der reise. But if you don't want to pay to get the real one, then this is a good alternative. I do like how you improvised the pack a punch and random box.

8. jshaf23

jshaf23 Forerunner

the map looks great. you did alot of good interlocking and the ojects are all well placed. it really sucks that the object limit is too small to make the entire map. in your reply to my post, you asked about the windows. i responded to you and you should think about trying to add that technique to this map