Delimitation

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Vicious3745, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Vicious3745

Vicious3745 Ancient

Map Name: Delimitation v0.7
    Forge Discussion Thread: Discuss and Coment Here!
    [​IMG]
    Pictures:
    Red Base:
    [​IMG]
    Blue Spawn:
    [​IMG]
    Gate from Red:
    [​IMG]
    Shhhhs! Sneakin around with the flag!
    [​IMG]

v.05

I've updated the download with v.06. I've changed the front door to be alot harder to get through untill one destorys the plasma gens. I've also gone and placed plenty of magnum and assault rifle ammo across the map, as well as added a focus rifle to the the Vent entrance.

V.07
    v0.7 has been uploaded. Changes include faster warthog spawns, lessened focus rifle respawn time, more mongooses and a brand new gate featuring a shield door. Enjoy!

#1 Vicious3745, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. andysniper

andysniper Forerunner

High Ground was one of my favourite H3 maps. I loved how it looked like an actual working fort and the uphill struggle it seemed to have for the attackers. It was a firm regular at LAN parties I held for one bomb, and we regularly played several times a night because of the diverse tactics we had use to constantly outwit our opponents.
    I think this looks a highly worthy successor to it, and I'm glad its not just a direct remake, as I find most of them get too caught up in replicating and lose the sort of aesthetic value they should have. By being more of a spiritual successor than a remake I think this has integral aesthetic-ness i like in maps.
    So it's a definite download for me and I'll post once I've had time to check it out.

3. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

I rember when you posted a preview of this map, you have stated that it was not a remake but however you wanted gameplay to be similar to it. At the moment you map looks very similar to high ground, but been the little different gives the player a whole different range of gameplay styles.

Im going to download this and have a better look.

4. Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico Video Team #corruptstaff
    Forge Critic

I always liked high Ground (apart from the spawns). This map certainly looks interesting enough - I'll give it a download and come back to you with some feedback.

5. Vicious3745

Vicious3745 Ancient

Thanks for the comments guys, i'm very interested in hearing about how it works out at the lan party, split screen was a big fps drop with my and my friend D= .

6. dmcdowell30

dmcdowell30 Ancient

I'm liking what I'm seeing. I loved High Ground in Halo 3 so I'm going to download and take some time to walk around on it.