Deliberation

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by ZanShin420, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ZanShin420

ZanShin420 Forerunner

Map Name: Deliberation
    Min. Players: 2
    Max. Players: 12
    Supported Gametypes: All team gametypes, minus Race & Invasion.
    DLC Required: No
    Canvas Map: ForgeWorld
    Author: ZanShin420

I went old school on this effort and built a symmetrical map that is suited for both slayer and obj games. There are 2 levels; a ground floor and a basement. Each team has a base on their side. The sniper spawns at top mid under the arch between the ramps, and the pwr weapons (Rocks and Hammer) spawn in the basement. The Hammer below Blue Base and the Rocket below the Red Base.

This map has been tested numerous times, and at this point I feel it's very solid and plays well.

Thanks and enjoy!

Rendered Gameplay on Bungie.net

** Rendered Vid **

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 ZanShin420, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

First off, the map looks great. However, a couple things I noticed. I don't think it's necessary to spawn both rockets and hammer under each teams base. If you want to keep the sniper (which I'll get to in a minute) I'd say make either the rockets or the hammer centrally located between both bases, making it the focal point for teams in retrieving the dominate power weapon of the map. As for the sniper, personally I don't see too many places on map that I'd like to be sniping. The top floor in my opinion is the only practical location. However, that's more so an opinionated suggestion, since everyone has a different take on a snipers usability on a map. Overall the layout of the map looks really nice. Symmetry looks good, and everything seems to flow well. Nice job.

SSRC

3. MCGreen24

MCGreen24 Forerunner

I would have to agree with shadow.

The map looks nice, I like how pieces show through on the bottom ceiling, aesthetics for the ceiling!

One thing for the post, I think you could give more information about both the pictures and what the gameplay is like, ect. It would bring in more views and downloads.

4. ZanShin420

ZanShin420 Forerunner

Thanks for the comments.

Just for clarification, there aren't 2 matching sets of rocket and hammer under each base. The hammer is under blue base and the rocket is under the other. Since each team initially spawns on the top level to the right of their base area, they have a choice to either head below for their pwr weapon or run for the sniper @ mid field.

As you say, sniping viability varies by taste, but this map offers a few nice lines of sight for sniping; base to base, straight down the middle through the arches, and from side to side across the center of the map from ramp to ramp.

I'm sure if you run through it in Forge or whatever, you will see the LOS I'm referring to and appreciate the weapon placement motivations. Also, don't skip the link to the rendered vid of the gameplay footage at the top before the pics start. Again, thanks for the comments.

#4 ZanShin420, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011