Mythic II DLC Defence on the bridge.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Squidkake, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Squidkake

Squidkake Forerunner

Defence on the bridge.

This map/gametype combo was a great idea which didn't take a whole lot of effort on my part to make come to life.
    Basically, one team has to activate the bridge on Longshore while the other team tries to stop them.
    Simple, right?
    WRONG
    I tested this 3v3 and it is actualy a big challenge for offence to complete this task.
    This is the side that the attackers spawn on. Notice that the entrances to the middle building that leads to the bridge are blocked off.
    [​IMG]
    The attackers must go all the way around to one of the following two entrances:​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It seems very simple and i know there is a lack of effort to make the map, but this great gametype doesnt need a lot of effort to make. It is A LOT of fun!

Defence (Gametype DL): Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    the bridge. (Map DL): Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

2. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

By activating the bridge does this allow them to win?

3. Plasma Blades

Plasma Blades Ancient

From what I can tell there is a territory at the end of the bridges' extent and once they open it they can get to the territory? Seems like a decent idea, but also like it could be improved. You can attempt to add a switch that opens a door that give the offensive team another way to the bridge controls, but getting to that switch is risky. In my opinion, ideally it should be quite hard for the offensive team at the start, but as time goes on, things get easier. Another switch you could do would be placed somewhere on the defender side. When flipped it sends a couple fusion coils down on top of the defensive base. Yes, it isn't "professional" or something you would see in an MLG game, but this map seems more like a casual thing anyway, so those switches would fit nicely. Two questions: Can we have a weapons list? And is the heat room blocked off?

4. Squidkake

Squidkake Forerunner

No, the heat room is NOT blocked off. It is a second way to get from one side to the other. And yes, once you activate the bridge, you win.

5. TexasTuckers

TexasTuckers Ancient

Well i feel that i shouldn't review this map based on the way it looks, but rather on how it plays because to be honest (and you said it yourself) you didnt really do a whole lot to make this. But i give you two thumbs up for coming up with this game because it looks like people could have a lot of fun playing this. Good job!