4-8 Players Defection

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by MadMax2win, Aug 11, 2013.

1. MadMax2win

MadMax2win Promethean

Defection

By MadMax​
    Slayer - King of the Hill - Capture the Flag - Oddball - Extraction

[​IMG]

First Off

Defection started off as an attempt of forging a simple yet competetive map with clean aestetics.
    The map itself is still in Beta Stage but i’m very happy with the layout and the general atmosphere. I’ve already tried to test it with some random players, but i think it will need proper testing from people who actually understand whats making a good map.
    I still have the feeling that i can improve on that first version.
    So i need your help to eliminate eventual issues and give it a final Polish.

So let me hear your Feedback,

.....all of it

Description

Defection was designed as an symmetrical 4v4 map with circular Flow.
    I’ve put a strong emphasis on controlling Top Gold, as it is needed to control important Lines of Sight and the Rocket Launcher Area.
    To succsesfully do that teamwork is very much needed.
    I’ve taken Inspiration from „Countdown“ but i incorporated my own Mapdesign into it.
    I Recommend to play Defection with up to 4 – 8 Players Team.

Inital Ordnance:

• Rocket Launcher - 176s - Risk vs Reward
    Rockets are spawning at the Coast.
    It’s an area that is pretty open and easily nadable.

• Sniper Rifle - 120s
    The Sniper Rifle spwans Top Gold a the Balcony.
    From there you can control the Coast and important Lines of Sights. But be careful about enemies sneaking up on you.

• Overshield - 90s
    The Overshield spawns Bottom Gold in the Lift Room.
    Players spawning in their Basement, could easily grab giving them an chance to break Map-control.

• 2x Jetpack - 75s
    In each Basement spawns one Jetpack.
    Remminiscent on Countdowns Dynamics.

Weapons on Map:

• Dmr 2x
    • BR 4x
    • Lightrifle 2x
    • Carabine 2x
    • Assault-Rifle 2x
    • Plasma Pistol 2x

• Frag Grenades 4x
    • Plasma Grenades 4x
    • Pule Grenades 2x

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Summary

Overall im very proud of this map, Especially that i’ve managed to forge somthing simple yet complex. I really enjoyed forging it.
    Whats remains to be done is, that i need to find players to test the map.
    I’ve got plenty of Budget left, so im able to make further additions.
    It would be nice to get a lobby ;)

Enjoy you stay and give me feedback!
    MadMax​

#1 MadMax2win, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

This map looks amazing aesthetically, its super clean so props on that especially for a first post. I have a couple of comments on the map. First off, based on the pictures it looks more like a 2v2 map, 3v3 at most I could be wrong though because I haven't played it. If it is a 2v2 then I think the sniper should be moved to rocket spawn, and overshield moved to top gold, no rockets, and (this is just personal preference) thruster packs instead of jetpacks just because controlling high ground is more important without them.
    This feedback is if you want to keep it at a 4v4. I don't know if there is a lift at gold or not but if there is you should get rid of the overshield. It would be really easy if you got it to lift up and then get sniper. You also then would have a great view of most of the map giving you a significant advantage over the other team with little effort. I would move rockets to top gold, sniper to rockets (the coast I think) and put something like a speed boost in the center. I should be on later tonight and I might be playing some customs so if you want to add me on xbl my gt is HissingWings

3. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

Also as a side note I would add a few more bits of cover around the map because the sight lines are really long and the map is overall pretty open. Not too much, only here and there like at top and bottom gold, bottom blue (5th and 6th pictures) and green

4. Goat

Goat Rock Paper Scissors Scrap
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ran around on it a few moments ago. Initial impressions, it looks really cool and has a great atmosphere to it. It definitely strikes me as a 2v2 map for Slayer, KotH, and Oddball. For 4v4 it'd get hectic and flag games would go super quick. Your forging is clean and there are only a few improvements I'd make:

1. In your 4th picture, those "rock cubes" have the incline ledge at the bottom, right? I initially thought you could sorta crouch on them but it doesn't seem like you've left enough of the ledge out to make that happen. I think if you did pull them out slightly, it'll add a good space for players to jump to and surprise somebody or peak shoot at Gold.

2. It could be intentional, but there are areas where cover is scarce, forcing players behind walls or ducking behind ramps (bottom base, Gold respectively). Similar to the above, pulling some doors or walls out more for a player to hide behind should help, but not too much to the point where it's easy to avoid finishing firefights.

3. The crate jump was a nice touch :) I'd replace it with the square rock at the same height though, as it feels out of place aesthetically. Just a minor detail.

I'm excited to get more games on this. I like that you pushed combat towards Gold, and a team controlling this area has the map locked down because you have to go out in the open to Green or through a base to get to the top. I see why you added a jetpack for this as well.

5. MadMax2win

MadMax2win Promethean

Thx for your feedback, i see what you mean, the map needs more playable geometry. Right now the pathways are very streamlined leaving little for "dynamic movement".
    I would really like it to be a 4v4 map.
    I'm tinkering with the Idea of adding an additional route from the bases to bottom gold, but until now i couldnt find a solution that pleases me.

6. MadMax2win

MadMax2win Promethean

improved Version 1.4 is up:

Added an additional route to bottom Gold
    More Cover
    Additional Tac-Jumps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]