Dead Pool

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by sleekzero, Jan 18, 2011.

1. sleekzero

sleekzero Forerunner

this is a preview of my map Dead pool. weapons and spawns are not done yet, but the layout is. i wanted to get some thoughts from the community before its released.

the map is a medium-sized four-sided rectangular courtyard that features an intersecting walkway that connects a hallway which surrounds a shallow pool.

the map is set up for slayer and team slayer. this is to be my first map here on Forgehub.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Well, I can guarantee you people will complain about the 45[sup]o[/sup] inclines and say change them to 30[sup]o[/sup]s

3. Secnateb

Secnateb Ancient

I think you missed a couple ramps on the right side of that overhead shot. Or did you do that on purpose?

4. sleekzero

sleekzero Forerunner

well, i couldn't get the bridge above it to line up right, so the one ramp is a little wider than the other. it shouldn't hinder gameplay, but i am a stickler about symmetry and it bugs me...

5. B00MER PY00K

B00MER PY00K Forerunner

yeah, definitely change the angles to 30 degrees. other than that, it looks alright.

6. sleekzero

sleekzero Forerunner

well, i've begun some revisions on the map that'll fix the ramps on the overhead shot. i cant change the angles in the corners, but perhaps the pool can have 30 degrees on the sides.

7. Ticky

Ticky Forerunner

Looks pretty neat so far. Besides all those things everyone else has said, I suggest adding some LOS blockers on the bridges on top mid.
    Other than that looks great.