Remake Danger Canyon

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by used man, Oct 11, 2010.

1. used man

used man Ancient

My current goal in halo reach, Is to have a remake of every halo map (excluding the huge maps) on my hard drive. The maps that I cant find, I Try myself. I'd say I'm about a third of the way there. I previously posted my Last Resort remake, and hopefully Ill post sidewinder soon.

First off, THIS MAP IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH JETPACK! CHANGE THE SPARTAN AND ELITE LOADOUT TO EVADE. So, This remake of Danger Canyon, I will not say that it is flawless. The map is scaled down from the original, although in a race between ghosts that are not boosted, the one in the remake barely wins. The tunnels are slightly squashed, and certain other locations are also distorted. Fortunately, I was able to get generally good feedback in my test games. Although a point of contention, is the death barrier under the double bridges. I placed it there, because fall damage would have killed you in the original, but in this game, the fall would only kill sometimes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DL:Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

2. willko

willko Forerunner

it looks nice, i'll check it out. you mentioned in your description that you're looking for a sidewinder remake. i've got one posted under the name "Copperhead (Sidewinder remake)". mine's not a perfect remake, but is as close as i can get with the forge budget.

3. used man

used man Ancient

I said that I'm going to release my take on sidewinder in a few days. But thanks for the feedback.

4. The Trivial Prodigy

Nice. I've never seen this map attempted before; it was thought to be impossible. You are brave to try it.
    Anyway, about what percent is this to scale with the original?

One last thing: Can I make a request for Timberland?

5. kittyrage

kittyrage Forerunner

looks awesome. im sure your aware that it is missing the downhill parts but with they way forge world is made im sure this is as good as its gonna get. great job.

a timberland remake would be awesome.. too bad forge doesnt have trees </3

6. used man

used man Ancient

Thanks for the feedback, Ill have the map set up for more gametypes by tomorrow.

7. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

Indeed I remember playing with my friends online with it. Loved it to death. Can't wait to get my xbox 360 back so that I can download it.

Not sure if you want to create infinity from halo ce as it is almost like death canyon but who knows.

And yes if possible try to make timberland.

8. cory21

cory21 Ancient

Used Man how come I never see these awesome maps of yours? They keep getting better and better, and yet I never even see you testing them.

BTW, how's District coming? I only played it once, but it was really fun.

9. yomilo

yomilo Forerunner

You kidding me!? Your Sidewinder Remake is Ubber Awsome! pure epicness and win... Sadly all the terrain is flat...

I was thinking about throwing some rocks there, but there is 0 budget left O__o