Remake Damnation

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by cellxz, Sep 16, 2010.

1. cellxz

cellxz Forerunner

My remake of Damnation. I was only able to play test it with up to 4 players so far, it plays very similar to that of halo ce. You can still camp and hide behind the teleporter on the upper bridge. Tried balancing out the spawn points for CTF just let me know if theirs any issues with that. I haven't figured out how to get infection working. Added the appropriate dead zone so no one can jet pack places you should be hiding at. Also added some scenery and a movie reference easter egg.

[​IMG]
    Red Base

[​IMG]
    Over shield location will only be there for slayer classic

[​IMG]
    Ramp to blue base

[​IMG]
    Bridge

YouTube - Halo Reach: Damnation
    Heres a video of the map.

#1 cellxz, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  2. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

Wow this is impressive and I hope I won't be let down when I see this on Reach (I need Reeeaaaach). This will definitely be one of the first maps I download, hope I have time to add more to this post when I physically see the map.

#2 Urban Myth, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  3. monkeyrantz

monkeyrantz Ancient

ive gotta say, i was really excited when i saw the damnation remake title on your thread. this was my second favorite map on halo: ce.

from the looks of it.. this is too great. the one thing i would have done different, instead of making the bottom just water; levitate the map (its super easy now) and you could make it so when you fall there you would die (either from fall damage or kill zones). i can understand you wont want to do that now (so much work into that) but that would have made it perfect.

ill DL and check it out soon. :D

4. AKILLYEZ

AKILLYEZ Ancient

Dude! That was sick! I usualy dont comment nless im really impressed on somthing and then I saw this... snap! I remember playing this map back in my halo ce days and this really brings back some memories. I love what you did with the death pit making it water insted. This map just looks... wow... I dont have reach yet but i will surely make a note to get a download. Well done man... well done!

5. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

Ahhh, I really couldn't wait for this make to come out on Reach! This a sick map. It is is fun and enjoyable. I love the wonders of Reach that amaze you and others.

6. Atrain

Atrain Ancient

...it's beautiful...

but really, This has got to be the best remake of damnation ever. I'd recommend putting a drop-shield where the ovie goes for new slayer. It'd be the least obtrusive powerup possible. Other than that, good work.

7. duelle

duelle Forerunner

The only thing I can is that it seems like there's more open space than the original Damnation, like it would be easier to see someone from a distance. Maybe my memory is just hazy, though. This is definitely by far the best remake I have seen yet.

8. Atik

Atik Ancient

Well; I've played and tested it.

It plays far better than any Halo 3 remakes I've tried. But your upper floor is way too flat. You used flat walkways rather than the ramps of old, and your gameplay suffers from it. The middle space is now a death trap.

However, I love the look and nostalga this map creates. And the water bashing against the rocks on the bottom lever is amazing looking.

6/10

9. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

OK, I'm beyond thoroughly impressed. Not only is it a pretty darn good remake geometrically and such, that water jank is GORGEOUS. Seriously, I couldn't disagree more with whoever said to put it in the sky...this is a brilliant reimagining of such a fine map (one of my favorites from CE). Really well done, man...you've got my download and respect.

10. ManRayX

ManRayX Ancient

Supacool

We tried it out as slayer and it played really well. You absoluteley have to go back and look at your spawns though. On more than a few occasions We were spawning in direct line of fire to opposing spawns even on initial spawns. You need to move them or your gonna have a bunch of easy kills. Also whats up with the base in the distance on the cliffside?

11. fBomb 22

fBomb 22 Ancient

Best remake of Damnation ever! Heck, it's the best remake so far of ANY map ever! Keep of the good work!