Damnation Remake: Condemnation

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by xXTacoGuyXx, Jan 19, 2013.

1. xXTacoGuyXx

xXTacoGuyXx Promethean

[​IMG]

Gametypes Currently Supported: Infinity Slayer
    Recommended No. of Players: 4-8
    Weapons (Initial Ordnance w/ respawn times):
    • 2x Concussion Rifle
      2x Sniper Rifle
      1x Shotgun
      1x Rocket Launcher
      1x Fuel Rod Gun
      1x Overshield

Condemnation is a remake of damnation i decided to attempt, after seeing that nobody had even mentioned it, and the fact that i quite like the map. The majority of it was done off of memory (to test myself), and it has been done quite well, according to the people i had test it with me (who play Halo PC very regularly on this map), but there have been a few large changes to certain parts of the map, including swapping red side and blue side from Halo CE:A (which i believe was opposite to how it was originally anyways).
    Currently, i am attempting to test the map as much as possible, but that is very hard to do. I have only managed to scrounge up one test, and only a 2v2. If you wish to test it for me, doing more 2v2s or 4v4s, PM me, and i will put it up on my fileshare. There will be some (most likely) very drastic changes in weapon spawns. It currently has similar weapon spawns to the original, but in my 2v2 test, it did not seem to worsen the gameplay.
    As of now, i am adding in functionality for KOTH, CTF, Flood and Oddball, as well as making some changes to cover, and weapon spawns, however, it is currently in a playable state.

So, without boring you any more, lets move onto...

[​IMG]

Overview
    [​IMG]

Red Spawn Room
    [​IMG]

Blue Spawn Room
    [​IMG]

Bottom Middle Bridge
    [​IMG]

Red Side Rocket Spawn
    [​IMG]

Middle Shotgun Spawn
    [​IMG]

Top Middle Walkway
    [​IMG]

Bottom Blue Room
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy!

p.s There have been a few small changes since the screenshots were taken.

2. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I have one major problem with this map. You, like most people who remake it, decide that the element of risk and danger isn't important to this map. the extremely thin walkways below, along with the jumps inbetween made the overshield a bonus. And navigating the upper level beams is not risk vs. reward at all. You've taken the integrity away from the map.

Additionally, there are 3 other Damnation remakes besides this one.