Foundry D-Day Storm the Beach Normandy

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by msewald, May 29, 2011.

1. msewald

msewald Ancient

Halo 3 D-Day

This is my version of Halo 3 D-Day. I play this map with a lot of people and everyone who plays it says it is the best game they have ever played, so I decided to post it to Forgehub. This game gets extremely intense when the party size is 8 or greater. The attacking team must take the flag from their spawn and place it in front of the defending teams base. Please help make D-Day the new thing for Halo. It is a great gametype with a great story behind it.

Map:D-Day
    Gametype: Private Ryan

This is the defensive base. The players on defense are not able to get outside of this base. There are 5 parts to this base. The left and right side boxes, the lower middle strip, the sniper tower, and the turret tower. Each room is accessed by teleporter.
    [​IMG]

The attacking team will come through these 3 boats. There is good cover for the flag carrier and other players. There are also higher powered weapons as the attacking team moves up the map.
    [​IMG]

This is the attacking teams spawn. There are plenty of BR's in the spawn for the entire team. There are also 3 flares and 1 bubble shield to help out.
    [​IMG]

This is the turret tower. It has a great view of the field but it can get naded really easily.
    [​IMG]

Attacking player getting sniped from the sniper tower when he gets on the boat.
    [​IMG]

Flag so close to being captured.
    [​IMG]

Rocket launcher about to take out 2 defenders from the sniper tower.
    [​IMG]

Flares aiding the attacking team in capturing the flag.
    [​IMG]

This entire map was made by me: Walmart Tshirt

Please leave comments about the map, but please do not hate on it unless you have actually played it.

Map:D-Day
    Gametype: Private Ryan

2. konradtacular

konradtacular Forerunner

wow a halo 3 map. It's been a while since I have played one of those. Never the less I think you captured the invasion of the beach quite well for being in halo 3.

3. Speechee6

Speechee6 Forerunner

Halo 3? I thought Halo 3 was dead on forge hub. Great map design, possible remake on Reach(?)

4. D3ATH EYE

D3ATH EYE Forerunner

nice, but 2 things: 1, some of the items look sloppy, 2, halo 3 is WAY out of date dude. not many people play it anymore. its not a bad thing, but i am just saying that if you really want this to be popular, you have to put it to date.