Cyprus

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by CASHnDASH, May 17, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map ?

1. Great

25.0%
  2. Good

41.7%
  3. Average

25.0%
  4. Bad

8.3%
  1. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

looks really good, cool thing is once u know 1 side of the map u know the other ha neat and looks fun ill try it l8r

2. CASHnDASH

CASHnDASH Ancient

Thats exactly right... It's kind of like some of the old Halo 2 maps where one side is pretty much a mirror image of the other. It's a raw gameplay map perfect for Team Slayer or normal Slayer. The top and bottom rooms see some massive bloodshed when the two teams meet in the middle. The snipers at either base keep campers behind the windows honest in the center room. Let me know what you think...

3. Thom Barbarossa

Thom Barbarossa Ancient

nice map my friend made one like this but his sucks 4/5

4. Bretonfish09

Bretonfish09 Ancient

CASH, this looks pretty nice. I remember there were some peoples talking about how default Foundry is teh VB3R F41L and they were thinking that there should be a contest for a map to be named the NEW default.
    The criteria were as follows:
    -Must take up entire map
    -Must be suitable for all players (nublets and pros alike)
    -Must support every gametype
    -Blah Blah Blah etc.

If your map supports every gametype, then I think it could be a strong contender.

5. CASHnDASH

CASHnDASH Ancient

Thanks man.... Cyprus really is a very fun map to play TS on. I'm kind of shocked that more people haven't downloaded and tried it out. It seems like the only maps that get attention anymore are either made by a well known user or have objects glitched into the floor. It makes me wonder how many people even download and play these maps..... I think most just judge from the screenshots.

6. CASHnDASH

CASHnDASH Ancient

Bump because it's been a loooong time...lol.

7. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

Isn't that necro-posting or something like that? oh well idk what i'm talking about. the map looks pretty good.... 8/10. nice interlocks

8. Vodelhaus

Vodelhaus Ancient

This looks really clean, I can't wait to give it a download.

9. darth ky

darth ky Ancient

Awesome! Nice and original. Good interlocking, and I like the idea that you used almost all of Foundry. It's a definate dl.

10. Saint Prodigy

Saint Prodigy Ancient

the map looks really cool but there is this gaint white section in your post. you might wanna get that fixed. nice map though i like how you used the doors as tables to put the flamethrowers on.

11. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

well ive been seing this map for like 8 and a half years, so i think ill download it. just because it wont leave me alone! the interlocking looks very good however

12. The Sir Toppum Hat

This map looks amazing! Even though I have never played this map, and my only experience of it are the screenshots that I’m looking at on my low quality computer monitor, and I have no idea of how the map plays except what you just told me, I’ll give you the best score possible and completely invalidate anyone else’s attempt to actually play this map and give it the score it actually deserves based on it’s playability, flow, weapon balance, and the skill of construction.

5/5

13. Beyond Skill198

Beyond Skill198 Ancient

This looks awesome, I really like the way that this map looks and I will dl it and probably give you a more in depth response. For now 5/5

14. Alec944

Alec944 Ancient

looks nicely made. the floor seems well interlocked. Good job

15. CASHnDASH

CASHnDASH Ancient

I just figured i would dig this one up for people who haven't seen it yet.
    If you get a chance to play it let me know what you think. It's best played with 3v3 4v4 Team Slayer.
    I always try to use as much of the default Foundry as possible. It saves pieces and usually makes for a decent size map. Let me know what you think after a play/walkthrough....
    What white section are you talking about ? Maybe the pictures didn't load for you or something ? The door/table isn't the most original idea, but it gets the job done...lol. Thanks for the feedback....
    I can't believe it took you 8 1/2 years to give it a try...lol.
    Thanks for the score... Everytime i play this map i'm shocked at how much different it feels from default Foundry. It uses the default Foundry bases, but from there it's a completely different map. It sucks that some people just look at pictures and determine if it's a good map or not. I've downloaded some SLEEPERS that never get attention on this site. Oh well...Everyone has their own opinion on user made maps. I have fun making maps and peoples opinions add to the challenge of making great maps. Thanks for the comments...
    Thanks for the kind words....Let me know your thoughts when you give it a play through.
    Thanks for the feedback, but the floor seems well interlocked...lol ? You gotta give me more to work with than that...lol. Just kidding...Thanks for taking the time to respond and i hope you and everyone who downloads Cyprus enjoys it.