Cyclopean

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by NeverlessWonder, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Rick's Recap

Overall Enjoyment Durability Aesthetics Originality Balance

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    9/10 9/10 9/10 9/10 8/10 8/10

Map Review Haiku:

Twisty little map.
    I can't reach that damn camo!
    Pred likes to kill me.

Review:

Enjoyment: You really can't help but enjoy yourself on a map like this. 'Nuff said.

Durability: Difficult to escape from what I saw, and nowhere you can take advantage of. The spawning was notoriously tricky to get working on this map, though, if I remember. You might not want to play a 1 v 1 game here.

Aesthetics: Not breathtaking, but certainly one of the top forums maps for prettiness of construction. It feels tight and pulled-together.

Originality: No really cool gimmicks in place or anything, but definitely a creative layout. I love all the different ways to get around... some of which I'm sure I haven't even found yet.

Balance: It's tough to balance small maps like this for objective games. We played the review game with too long of a time limit, I think. It's great for slayer, though. Good weapon placement, et cetera.

Rick's Suggestions:

- That one bride ramp looks out of place. Everything else is meticulously placed, but that bridge ramp doesn't quite fit for me. The curved fence-wall bridge would make this map most excellent.

2. Xy Monster

Xy Monster Ancient

It looks very nice just from looking at the pictures. I just put it on my DL list (My Xbox is broken)

3. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

wow that looks really good. i think i'm going to dl.

4. NeverlessWonder

NeverlessWonder Ancient

Lol squid, I love your review pictures. I look forward to them every week.

Sorry about your box man. Hope you'll have fun playing this when you get it back though.

Excellent! Thanks for the kind words. I do take pride in my clean map construction abilities.

5. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

I remember playing this with a friend the other night and I really liked it a lot.The feel if the map gives off a Prisoner vibe to me and I loved to play FFA Slayer on Prisoner in H:CE. All of the path ways give it a unique playing style I have not found in a Foundry map to date.

6. NeverlessWonder

NeverlessWonder Ancient

Hey Iron, thanks alot for the bungie thread love. Sorry it took so long, I just recently got back from a trip.

Unfortunately I've only played one game ever one Prisoner and I don't remember it that well, so I'm not exactly qualified to say whether it's like Prisoner or not... but I'll take your word for it.

7. Mags

Mags Ancient

qued looks great

8. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

Neverless This map will stay on my HDD forever, or if you redo it. My favorite part is the Vertical Double Boxes, they make Foundry feel really tall an any map that can do that it worth a download for anyone.

9. NeverlessWonder

NeverlessWonder Ancient

Thanks Iron. It will stay on my HDD forever as well. It's so awesome. LOL

Anyway, I'm glad to see this post made the switch. I was starting to get worried when I realized some of my posts were missing. If they don't fix those tags soon though I guess I'm going to have to go through and close off all my blue tags. Sucks, but I guess that's the price you pay for being lazy.

Kids! Don't use shortcuts!!

10. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

Very nice map, I am downloading now. You have done a very nice job on this.

-Donuts

11. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

This is still one of the finest maps on FH. Original as well as playable. I have commented in the past on this map but it is well deserving of updated kudos. A solid 5/5

12. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

this looks like a great idea

13. NeverlessWonder

NeverlessWonder Ancient

What's a great idea? All of it? Everything I do? Awesome! Thank you so much.

lol

14. oOo FuRyZ oOo

oOo FuRyZ oOo Ancient

i like i screen shots are nice too

15. Samuel Blacks0n

Samuel Blacks0n Ancient