Cybornetic

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by GrenadeGorilla8, Sep 11, 2013.

1. GrenadeGorilla8

GrenadeGorilla8 Forerunner

Hey guys its been a while! Lets see if I remember how to do this!

As some of you may know I’ve been off my game lately with some serious forgers block. But with the recent addition of Ricochet I’ve been thinking of making competitive maps again. I decided to bring back a Reach classic. One that played CTF fantastically and I thought would also play a mean game of Ricochet. So with permission from the original designer, I bring you Breezeway! Currently called Cybornetic. I made it a bit bigger and took a few creative liberties to hopefully make it play as amazing in Halo 4 as it did in Reach. Currently it is set up to play CTF and Ricochet.

One feature I would like to point out is the lift. I have been trying to make a lift work like one you would find in any dev made map. Meaning you can throw grenades up but can’t jump down it without the use of shield doors. I think I have got it down but feel free to try to break it. You can check it out here.

I also created a "pro" version of Ricochet to go with this. I like to call it Uncle Rico.
    Ball carrier speed reduced to 100% to promote team play and protecting your carrier.
    A thrown ball will only score 10 points to hopefully encourage running it.
    BR/magnum start. No loadouts.
    And weapons are placed on the map the old way.
    As always comments and critiques are always welcome.

Big thanks to Cyborganthro for designing great maps and letting me do this!

Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 GrenadeGorilla8, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. Art of Sound

Art of Sound Promethean

Look like it would play rather well! I want to try and do a run through or and actual game on this one day!
    GT: Boxing Beats

GrenadeGorilla8 likes this.
  3. GrenadeGorilla8

Thanks man I'll invite you sometime!

Art of Sound likes this.
  4. WaiHo

WaiHo Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Uh oh.. Do I see some upside down tincups?

5. GrenadeGorilla8

Correction, you see a single upside down tincup lol.

I realize now that i should have built this right above the small or medium island that way I could have used some of the natural terrain but by the time I had gotten far enough to use the tincup it was too late to maove the entire structure lol

6. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

While they look bad due to the fact that they're unaffected by dynamic lighting, the main problem with them is that they have an invisible barrier on them that will often block bullets and grenades. They're basically unusable. You should replace it with something else.

7. GrenadeGorilla8

That's quite interesting and something I was unaware of. Was it like that in reach?

Any suggestions on what I should changeI it to?

8. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

It's a new glitch in Halo 4.
    I don't really have any great suggestions for you. Maybe just have the trees come out or the rocks.

9. GrenadeGorilla8

Hmm I suppose that's better than having something that looks likes balls and may f up the function of the map.

10. CyborgAnthro

CyborgAnthro Forerunner

Hey GG! I am honored that you wanted to remake this and it looks like a great remake. I especially like the windows you added in the first pic. After checking it out and sitting on it for a while I had one little thought/concern: I thought it might be a little jarring to come out of the teleporter facing the trees right in front of you. Once you know the map they won't be a big deal, but it's something to consider changing up somehow. I also realize the trees provide an aesthetic and LOS blocker for top mid that used to be lacking, so I appreciate your twist on the map either way. I know I am not online much anymore (in part because I'm frustrated with my godawful internet here), but hopefully I can get a game on this with you one of these days. Also I look forward to rejoining TCOJ once I move back to the land of better internet.

11. GrenadeGorilla8

Thanks Cyborg! About those trees, I agree and thought the same thing so I had made a slight adjustment so when you come through the tele as long as you keep moving straight, you will go right between them!

I may adjust that further though just so its a little less jarring when you come through. I have a couple other slight changes in mind for map flow so stay tuned!