Curvature

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Matty, Mar 16, 2008.

1. emo asian girl

emo asian girl Ancient

it doesnt look as good as the other one in the pictures :/ but i havent played on it yet

2. Paralyzed King

Paralyzed King Ancient

I played this map last night with Creep1ng De4th, It wasn't a bad map. I liked the overall feel of the map. Very Neat and nice use of interlocking.. Well Done!

3. Matty

Matty Ancient

Ok well overall people seem to like the feel and shape of the map, but not the gameplay. Any other suggestions?

4. Paralyzed King

Paralyzed King Ancient

I thought the game play seemed to run pretty smooth. Granted it was only myself and Creep1ng playing on the map so I couldn't really give you an accurate detail of how I felt the game play ran, But overall.. I'd say you did a good job with this map Matty.

5. Matty

Matty Ancient

Thanks, i feel this map is just a big under-appreciated compared to Aeron. This map is almost perfectlly forged, everything is where it should and must be. With Aeron, it ended up bieng a bit sloppy and wasnt what i was initially looking for. This could be luck.

I hope this next map will take this maps place, i plan on keeping much of the original design, just because i really loved how quickly this map looked great when making it.

6. LIGHTSOUT225

really? within 20 seconds on your map for the first time i was down there. granted i didnt even have enough grenades to kill myself, but its not too difficult. maybe toss a couple nades down in there so a player can kill himself? i dunno, i know its pretty lame for people to even try and get out of the map (it gets under my skin) but the stacked crates made it a fairly easy jump with one frag/plasma.

anyways, i like the "fat teardrop" design and the curve. i like how the overall angle is curved, but you still provided some cover by staggering the boxes a bit. i also enjoyed the scenery in the corridors doubling as cover all up and down them, and the "barrel cages" within the curve were nice too. i havent played any matches here yet, so i cant talk about gameplay. I can't remember where the attacker's flag spawn point was though... was it within the curve?

edit: i also drove the mongoose around it for a while, and i like how it handled here Matty, weaving through the curvature and zipping through the corridors

7. Matty

Matty Ancient

Thanks, i spend over an hour trying to think of ways to stop people getting out of the map, and in the end i realised there was no way that would not ruin the look of the map. Feeling a big agry, that my map would be ruined because it doesnt stop people ruining it (ironic) i stuck some teleporters in there as a punishment..

I plan to make something very similar, but with 2 bases, more of those inner rooms, and no way to get out of the map. If you want to be part of it, im starting tomorrow night.

8. LIGHTSOUT225

send an invite my way then, ill probably be on

9. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i'll try and be on but i'm in australia so i don't know how it'll work because of time zones but i'm happy to help

10. toonshorty

toonshorty Ancient

Looks ok, doesnt look like it would play well though...

11. Matty

Matty Ancient

I dont see how you worked that out from the images. Tidy spacous rooms with multiple entry/exit points. Mix of open and closed cover. Lots of cover on the lower level, more open on the upper level to give risk. Spaced out weapons. But ok you must know best.

12. Rise Against

Rise Against Ancient

I think I might have a solution....It would be tedious but I think it would work. Moving the fence walls out just enough so that you cannot jump on the very edge of the boxes. I wouldnt even bother doing it but every game I get on top of the map cause im a loser lol.

13. Matty

Matty Ancient

The edge of the box below is curved, moving it forewards creates a gap visible to a player running past, it looks fugly. I will remake the map from scratch, i hope it gets a bit more appreciation.

14. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Thats dedication. I like the layout of the map, its very original. I'm surprised it isn't being received well.

15. lazarus talon

lazarus talon Ancient

so wait, is it supposed to be like a tear drop or a quarter of a circle or something like that? looks cool to me even though i don't really know what shape it is from the pictures. ill dl later :squirrel_rocking:

16. Matty

Matty Ancient

Yes, a 1/4 circle is a much better depiction,

17. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i've noticed that most of your maps are 4v4 could you make a map using all of foundry cause i think it would turn out great

18. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

I downloaded this map and thought it was very well thought out and executed. It looks amazing, especially the nice aesthetic touches like the barrels you can see but can't access or the other stuff. - Brute Captain

19. RunTime83

RunTime83 Ancient

Love the layout. Very original! I bet a small FFA or maybe a double team would be great on this map. I'll come back after I play a game on it.

20. Matty

Matty Ancient