Currently awaiting the new Bungie.net Weekly Update. 8-20-10

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Megadoug, Aug 20, 2010.

1. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

Comparing "Completely set up" and "re-arrange" is comparing two relative terms. In order to observe one term in a practical way, it has to be compared to something definite and measurable.

2. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

Did you even read my post, and understand it? Look at what you've been saying, and what re-arrange means. Re-arrange means move stuff around so it's different, which is what you've been saying that's what they mean. Then, completely set up could easily mean set up your own map. Get it now?

3. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

Have we really come to making threads about waiting? D:

4. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

The quote goes like this: "You should be able to completely set up (or re-arrange) an Invasion map."

It could be interpreted several different ways. One way: Rearrange could mean move boxes, shield doors, the core, territories, respawn points. Completely set up could mean changing the custom game settings. It could even be interperited the reverse way.

It's okay to try to deduce things from quotes like this, but one can never be %100 percent sure without proof.

5. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Sigh.

I'm glad I have the comfort of knowing people who have reach. I can just ask them to take a look at it while you guys argue about legistics of quotes found online. Because you're looking for facts, you may as well not listen to me. But if you want reassurance, go ahead and take my word for it.

Forge World has forgeable Invasion.

That's from a friend who has the game, I have complete trust in him.

6. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

I see what you're trying to say, but he asked if you could forge invasion, he didn't ask if you could edit invasion's options. I've been watching for any and all Reach news ever since I heard about Reach, which was before people heard of Invasion. You gotta look at all the facts, and one fact was he was talking about forge, not custom game options.

EDIT:

---

See, Stilts? :p

#46 LRMAN0989, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  7. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

Your post sounds honest. You've lowered my doubts considerably. Thanks. :)

EDIT: He was asking about forging, that doesn't guarantee that Ferrex didn't answer with a side note about custom games properties, because it was somewhat relevant to the question.

When trying to dissect quotes like these, nothing means anything, they only help to put weight on the probabilities.

But I'm going to stop debating. I won't be convinced until I get a specified Bungie quote, a screenshot or footage of someone playing Invasion on Forge World, or until I play the game myself. The only reason I've dragged this out is because I don't want to let people be convinced of something that isn't quite confirmed. I hate it when people are mislead.

#47 frog on stilts, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  8. fluffyroks

fluffyroks Forerunner

Feel sorry for all who aren't in Pacific time such as I for I must only wait another 30 minutes before I get my honey for the weekend

9. Rogue Shadow IV

Rogue Shadow IV Ancient

They might not release an update because of the leak. I remember with the first leaked pictures of reach they didn't give us a weekly update because the pictures had shown us the DMR, needler rifle and some other thing. So there could be a chance they won' t give us one again.

10. Megadoug

Megadoug Forerunner

They better.

11. Valor1204

Valor1204 Forerunner

Nine minutes!

12. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

You know that weekly update times aren't that accurate right?

13. Plasma Rifle Elite

I will be very sad if we can't forge in Firefight, because Glacier looks sexy, and I want to explore it without Covenant shooting at me. So I hope for Forge in Firefight, or at least give us some Multiplayer maps from Firefight.

14. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Sadly it's been confirmed many times that we cannot forge in FireFight

15. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

you could always either go into it on theater, or make a firefight game where you are invincible have unlimited jetpack 50 gravity and the covies are all blind grunts

16. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

You can't :/ But, exploring would still be possible with unlimited jet pack and unlimited health! And lol, I've been refreshing the bungie home page over and over for 10 minutes...

EDIT: Jakob Hunter beat me to it :p

17. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

wow we give the same advice and we are doing the same thing on b.net

18. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

LOL weird coincidence :p And I still want to have a new update!

19. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

they are already 12 minutes late

20. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

15 minutes on my clock :p But I really don't know what they'll put into it.... probably not much concerning Reach. There is little to no info we need on Reach any more, other than them saying 'It's gonna be great!' or something.