Currently awaiting the new Bungie.net Weekly Update. 8-20-10

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Megadoug, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Canning Is King

Canning Is King Forerunner

There talk about the stuff we know about so far, and then probably give us a few little nice things, maybe a look into firefight custom settings or maybe the campaign custom settings?

2. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

To Cartograph: Nope. No it's not proof. That addresses forging in general, but it doesn't mention Forge World specifically. Someone posted the same thing in my thread.

3. Neo Arkitect

Neo Arkitect Forerunner

I'd like an invasion reveal...but that probably won't happen :(

4. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Yes it does, it states you may make your own complete map for it or re-arrange objects on the original maps. Its pretty clear...

5. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

Read it again, didn't say anything about original maps.

EDIT: Unless by "original" you mean the original, invasion-specific maps. In that case, it proves that. But I'm talking about Forge World, Powerhouse, etc.

#25 frog on stilts, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  6. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Quote:
    Originally Posted by frog on stilts [​IMG]
    Yup. Firefight ain't forgeable. But in my thread no one has been able to provide a solid citation on whether Invasion is forgeable on normal maps. (We know it's forgeable on Invasion-specific maps at least.)

From the update, I wanna know:
    1. If Invasion is forgeable in normal maps, like Forge World
    2. If you can rewind in the theatre smoothly and easily enough in Firefight and Campaign, as well as make film clips in both.
    3. More forge objects.

Is this enough proof for no. 1?
    [​IMG]

You can competely set up an invasion map.

I win this arguement. Not debatable. End of Discussion... Lol

7. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

"COMPLETELY SET UP"

As in build everything yourself.

8. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

Yes, I know, I knew a long time ago, you can forge on invasion-specific maps. We are talking about, (or supposed to be talking about) forging it on Forge World and maps like Powerhouse, etc. You can completely set up an invasion map, the only question is where.

9. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

Yes, and when they said 're-arrange' they meant switch objects around on the original Invasion maps. I am 99.999999999999999999999999999% sure you can make your own map. The 0.000000000000000000000000001% is if Bungie lied. I don't think Bungie would lie. Not about something like that.

10. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Where else could you? The only large enough option is clearly Forge World

11. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

It could be that Invasion is a complex enough gametype that the game engine couldn't handle it on a map like Forge World, that is already integrated with a huge amount of forging options. Or I could be wrong, and Invasion really isn't an expensive gametype, processing-wise. But I need proof, either way.

"The only large enough option?" Invasion is playable on Boneyard and Spire. I think those were large enough.

12. Megadoug

Megadoug Forerunner

I watched this before. I hope they don't. There is a lot of other stuff that they can be addressing.

13. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

No **** they're playable on Boneyard and Spire. But where else could you COMPLETELY set up an invasion map? Sure you can re-arrange **** on Boneyard and Spire, but can you COMPLETELY set up an Invasion map on the two? No. Which means I'm right and you're wrong.

14. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

It's at this point that the phrase "completely set up" becomes relative. Maybe the statement means that you can change where the territories come in, in what order and how many, who's on offense, what kind of access to vehicles you have, what the tier-based loadout are. Or maybe "completely set up" means more, like you say, being able to craft the map itself.

I'm not on either side. My side is the "not knowing and not allowing myself to be disappointed" side. I just need proof.

Also, stop flaming.

#34 frog on stilts, Aug 20, 2010
  15. Valor1204

Valor1204 Forerunner

Don't fight guys. If Bungie gives us a straight answer like, "Yes Invasion is forgeable on Forge World", then we can tell for sure.

P.S. They said we "should" be able to. It doesn't mean we can. As in, you should be able to have a sandwhich, but I ate all of the bread.

16. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I'm not flaming, I'm just simply amazed on how stubborn you are and how you can't accept the fact that I'm right. Stop saying that you need proof when you've got clear text that says you can COMPLETELY Set up an Invasion map. And I'm sorry if I sound like I'm flaming I'm just frustrated. And I'm not gonna say anything else

#36 cluckinho, Aug 20, 2010
  17. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

It wouldn't be that hard to implement invasion into forge... Its basically territory one side assault ctf...

18. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

Firstly, if we continue this, we ought to drag it over to this thread so that we don't clog this one.

"Completely" tells what. "on Forge World" tells where, which I haven't heard yet. I would be equally surprised to see either sides of this debate being true.

When Halo 3 came out, I'm sure somewhere they said something like "You can completely set up a CTF map," even though forging was extremely limited among the first days of Halo 3. "Completely" is still a relative term, since we don't know what we're comparing it to.

EDIT: HLG, maybe you're right. Maybe it is simple, but someone also thought it would be simple to forge Firefight. "All you do is set the drop zones and the respawn points." But every last one of us are naive observers, because none of us are game developers. We can't possibly calibrate it all. Still need proof™.

#38 frog on stilts, Aug 20, 2010
  19. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

If you remember, they said completely set up a map or re-arrange an original map. That means, they are talking about 2 different things. Re-arrange is what you're saying. Completely set up means make your own. They aren't saying 'you can do this or the exact same 'this' ' :p

#39 LRMAN0989, Aug 20, 2010
  20. Megadoug

Megadoug Forerunner

I don't really care about Invasion. But whatever Bungie's Update will pertain: it better be interesting.