Cube

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Darkside1029, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Darkside1029

Darkside1029 Ancient

CUBE
    Download CUBE

Hey everyone

This is my second map, it was inspired by the maps The Cube and Distortion and its pretty much a mix of both, sort of. It has similar features as 'Distortion' but is a LOT easy to navigate through than that map and the main part of the map is a cube like in 'The Cube'.

As just stated the main part of the map is a cube. On either side of the cube are two bases. The cube is definitely the best part of the map. I got really lazy with the bases, so they're not as good, but it is the cube you will be in most of the time.

No there is no weapons placed on the map, this is because I cannot decide which weapon set to choose. The map went through many versions which contained different weapon sets but none seemed to work very well. During testing we rarely picked up any weapons because the map is so small. So I'll let you place any weapons you want if you download it.

So, have a look and don't forget to comment :)

Here are some pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download CUBE

2. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

looks pretty cool. I loved distortion.
    I'll dl and have a look. But no weapons? Now that's lazy.
    Would it work for random weapons perhaps?

3. Oakly HiDef

Oakly HiDef RivalMass

yeah i see this as sort of lazy. i'm guessing that you loaded up distortion erased some stuff and added a cube. I may be wrong and maybe you did this whole thing from scratch

4. the persister2

the persister2 Ancient

again a crazy angled map, they give me a headake (awesome).
    But get the weapons on going in there, make v2 for the good stuff.

5. HLG Viper

HLG Viper Ancient

acually looks pretty good :) so, is the map just a huge slope with normal floor on the bottom? i can see a nice reversed power of tower going here! consider putting some kind of power-weapon in the open box on the bottom for v2. It would concentrate the combat downstairs which would definately be original. maybe you should add some side-tunnels for spawns and CQC? (close quarter combat). nice anyways, 4/5

(needs weapons even if they don't fit. why not try a new theme, like spikers, bruteshots and spike grenades, like a brute-themed map?)

6. bluepenguin23

bluepenguin23 Ancient

looks pretty good! i like how it is like distortion. even though distortion is hard to move around in. i think this allowes more space. good job!

7. ajpsk8

ajpsk8 Ancient

Ignore some of the spam comments before this.
    - the maker of distortion... for all of you saying that he just opened distortion and made it one room that's ridiculous.

Anyways this map looks very well made and fun to play on. Maybe a v2 with weapons?

8. Darkside1029

Darkside1029 Ancient

thanks for all your comments. I will definitely fix the weapons.

No I started this from scratch, it is much smaller and easier to navigate through than Distortion.

9. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

I agree with bluepenquin. This map does allow more space than distortion and it is easier to move around. I definately like it. I also like the box in the centre (maybe to show which way is up). I know how hard a slanted map is to make so i'll give you a 4/5 but it would have been 5/5 if you had included weapons :D

EDIT: Accidently voted for 5 stars but who cares lol!

#9 Hazza, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  10. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

he just needs the weapons and it will be a hit

11. nullstar

nullstar Ancient

i really like it, but can you walk up that slope?

12. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

sorry =( i just don't really think its time for another tilted map. I mean my head is still hurting from distortion. But hey, who knows this could be better, but it does look a bit empty, ima just gonna download it so see what i think, if i think its absolutely mega awesome then i'll tell you =D But apart from that, the interlocking to make it smoother and accuracy is all very good!

13. Mount Killamonjaro

I really love these types of maps, Looks really fun, ill D/L and check it out.
    Maybe try it with snipers who knows.

14. Kittycatwitcowboyhat

nice! i like the way its sideways. but is it just for show? Or is there wepons i cant see?

15. damarco

damarco Ancient

Good map might not be great as distortion since making slanted maps are difficult i will give u a 3.5/5.

Also add some weapons and please make it playable with a gametype.

16. I japanduh I

I japanduh I Ancient

cool cuz it is confusing

17. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

Darkside I really do think you set the goal for all newcomers out there. You obviously know how to forge and implify techniques to improve your map. One thing is that You did not show your back slanted walls that are made out of walls and wall doubles. Those walls are pretty sloppy and the respawns arent really placed the greatest. So I think you should add weapons, make better respawns, and interlocked those slanted double walls; I'm sure then it will be a good map.

18. Own3dyoo

Own3dyoo Ancient

distorted maps are cool just sometimes they get confusing

19. Arch3m

Arch3m Ancient

Looks pretty good. I loved Distortion, so I don't see any reason not to love this map, too.

Well, mebe the lack of weapons would be a bit of an issue...

20. RaidBlitz

RaidBlitz Ancient

The map's ok but it feels like a rip off Distortion

#20 RaidBlitz, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008