Crystal Catalyst

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by duderdas, Aug 11, 2008.

1. duderdas

duderdas Ancient

[​IMG]

Story
    The UNSC Special Investigations Group also known as SIG was ordered to investigate an abondoned warehouse that locals have been complaining about for years, a local named Robbie Dent had this to say " If your going in dont expect to come out again". Many locals have been going missing in last few months and it time that SIG took charge and investigated.

-ALRIGHT MEN 20 MINUTES IN AND OUT, SWEEP THE WHOLE THING!

Description
    This is the Final V3 build of Crystal Catalyst, this map had been through hundreds of testers and hours of testing, every round I asked what could be improved and strived to make it better untill the suggestions stopped as it was so well done and polished.

V1-Very sloppy but amazing gameplay
    V2-Complete rebuild, brand new ending, many bugs fixed
    V3-Complete rebuild of ending bringing back V1's ending

Crystal Catalyst with the gametype Crypt Guard combine to create one of the most fun infection games you will play. Humans must work together allowing few to break through the obstacles while the remaining humans fend off the zombies. Zombies must also work together coardinating attacks against the humans striking all altogether at once for maximum carnage. Humans must Survive for 20 minutes for a sucessful rescue operation to happen.

There is a Needler, Dual Plasma Rifles, Carbine, Shotgun, Flamethrower set to never respawn at the end of the map
    along with 5 Frag Grenades, 5 Spike Grenades, 5 Plasma Grenades all with 45 second respawns

Gametype
    The Gametype I use is called Crypt Guard providing equal sheilds and damage for all players providing a very balanced infection game making it fun to be a human or zombie.

Humans spawn with Swords and Battle Rifles
    Alpha Zombies spawn with Swords and Pistols
    Zombies spawn with Swords

Everyone has unlimited ammo

There are 2 alpha zombies every round and this gametype is best played with 8+ people

Pictures

[​IMG]
    The humans prepare for a zombie attack
    [​IMG]
    The humans work together to break through the bariers
    [​IMG]
    The remaining humans rush for supplies to prepare for battle
    [​IMG]
    Overview of the Map without a Roof 1
    [​IMG]
    Overview of the Map without a Roof 2

[​IMG]
    Overview of the Map without a Roof 3

-This is my first published map so please tell me how I could improve the posting etc
    -I would like to thank l Zero Fox l and Nickmrocks for helping with the map
    -Thanks for taking your time to look at this, Please download and comment.

---Duderdas---

#1 duderdas, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. BennyIV

BennyIV Ancient

This looks pretty good. However I think you should add in a weapons list of what is available and what the human/zombie weapon starts are. I'm sure you will get a lot of people saying how they think they can escape your map because there is no roof but I see you mentioned that there is one. All in all it looks pretty good, but its not by any means original. However you seem to have good interlocking skills. Keep up the good work and great first post.

3. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

very nice i like the differecnce from the run of the mill omega juorney map
    lokos like tun of fun nice inetlocking and new obsacles yay

4. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

That looks intense man. Pretty clean and everything. Also the gameplay looks freakin amazing man. Great job. Keep forgin bro. Peace.

5. Goatnuts

Goatnuts Ancient

great job man, 10 times better then omega journey, you should all download if you want to play an intense zombie game.

to bad all i did was fly around in my moniter when you were forging this other wise i could have been in the credits lol

6. Duckman620

Duckman620 Ancient

im usually not a fan of these whole infection jouney type things but this one doesnt look to bad nice job hope to see your future works and welcome to forgehub.

7. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

looks like that same infection map that everybody plays... the one with the maze but you may wan t to interlock a little bit more

8. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

the map looks pretty good but i am wondering is this a map where you run away from the zombies or shoot through them to get to the end

9. duderdas

duderdas Ancient

no you kill them not run away...but my new map that I am making incoparates running away from the zombie in a huge way so keep your eyes open for it.

10. duderdas

duderdas Ancient

I added in the weapons list

11. TOMMY GAME KING

TOMMY GAME KING Ancient

this map is fabulous although i did not see interlocking im not like like that but this map looks absolutley incredible i cant wait to dl and play

12. duderdas

duderdas Ancient

although throughout the coridors there is not the most interlocking... the ending is chock full of it so....

13. l Zero Fox l

l Zero Fox l Ancient

I just don't think that in my like 50 times I played this, I don't think I've won once.

Or did we Dudernub? i don't remember D:

But god this game never gets old. Its just the people that you play with, but amazing party game d00d!

14. duderdas

duderdas Ancient

nope humans just arent smart enough to survive zero nub

15. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

this is a really nice idea it looks like it could be played on a lot of infection games well done

16. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

very nice map, very smooth, even though there is only one part that is interlocked that i see. i like these maze maps alot, this one has a nice layout and concept. good job.

17. Mechutu

Mechutu Ancient

This was way bettter than omega journey since it got rid of spawn killing and the cheap assasinations on the teleporter..... great going you just got a DL.... keep forging;)

18. Lamposts

Lamposts Ancient

Ya this map is very clean, smooth, and it could use a little more interlocking but regardless the map does look good! The layout is better than Omega Journey IMO! Great Map! 5/5!

19. duderdas

duderdas Ancient

wow guys thanks for the great comments and for dling it

20. CLUTCHnFOREVER

CLUTCHnFOREVER Ancient

This looks aswome i'm going to get me and my friend and try it our and then ill say what i really like about it. Keep on Forging!