Sandbox Cryptic

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by odmichael, Jul 10, 2009.

1. odmichael

odmichael Ancient

Cryptic
    My thread on Atlas

Deep in the sands lie a structure. What do the columns read? 4-10 players

Screenshot(s):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cryptic is a small symmetrical map comparable to a map such as Warlock (Wizard) from the previous Halo games. But with two bases (versus 4). The map is fun for smaller games with less people and has a very competative style to it. The power weapons include Rockets (with 2 shots) in the middle and shotguns and Active camos (each across from each other) at the bases.

Cryptic best suits 4v4 gameplay. However, it works well with any amount of players between 4 and 10.

This map works well with the default versions of Team Slayer, Neutral Bomb, Assault, and Oddball. Also BR varients of these as well. This game is not suited for default CTF, KOTH, Territories, Juggernaut, VIP, or Infection.

Other gametypes which have been suggested include: SWAT, Swords, Team Duals, Hammerzeit, and Shotgun CTF.
    Default capture the flag does not work so well because the bases are so close together. Therefore, I have designed from Halo 2 CTF Classic 5. What this is is a gametype as in Halo 1 and 2 where the flags are touch return and a team must have their flag in order to score (5 captures to win). These are the only changes to default gameplay.

Playtest
    CTF Classic 5
    Neutral Bomb
    Team Oddball
    Team Slayer BRs

Cryptic

2. PhantomBishop

PhantomBishop Ancient

I like your map. However i would put more cover off to the left and the right of the middle structure. It seems like people crossing there would be valnurable. Other then that very good job.