Crows Perch (Working Title)

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by Aschur, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

So... Here we go, needs testing to make sure its all right, but other than that its pretty much done. Anyways, havent thought of a name, if you can think of one, feel free to suggest one. But whatever, lets get to the ****in pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will work with everything but dominion, extraction, and grifball. At least it will when released.

Edit: I suppose I should say I'm looking for people who'd like to test it too. While I'm at it, the power weapons are; Rocket, Shotgun and Ghost.

Edit #2: Changed Shotgun in middle to Incineration Cannon, Rocket is now Sticky Detonator (for the time being, will probably change it to Overshield)

#1 Aschur, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. A R C A S I U S

A R C A S I U S Promethean

Looks like it has a decent layout but I won't know for sure unless you put more screenshots up. Also I think you should get rid of those base stripes in the last pic as they stick out like Justin bieber at a pub and just don't look great at all. Also a burdseye view would be nice, delete the roof and take a screenshot so you can get feedback on the layout. It looks like it has taken ALOT of inspiration from Haven from matchmaking but that's not necessarily a bad thing as that's an amazing map. Just don't make it too similar tho ay

#2 A R C A S I U S, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  3. Aschur

I'll see what I can do about the rails in the middle, though they do look better in motion than in that picture. Also, it is inspired by Rat's Nest from H3, and honestly I didnt think of drawing from Haven once while making it. Whatevs, its a preview for a reason.

Anyways, I know what I'm doing, so I'll pass on doing a birds eye or more pictures. Instead I will opt for a video once I've done some testing. But yeah, I hope you like what you see (other than the rails in pic 3)

Btw, thanks for the feedback. You are the first to complain about those rails.

#3 Aschur, Apr 15, 2013
  4. A R C A S I U S

Well it is a preview thread so maybe do the vid first thing before you post it? Just saying, reason for preview is to get feedback and if people can't even get a feel for the layout or standout areas of te map then there's no point to it at all. also what I'm saying is it looks real nice so I'd love to see more pics. It looks like haven alot due to the circular nature of the outside area where you used all those tunnel shorts, and with that block and railing next to that doorway with the braces. As haven used that as cover but hey if it was by accident then no biggy. It's just that the dynamic lighting on dominion pieces doesn't work at all to the degree that it works on other pieces so sometimes they'll glow... As in that pic and just takes away from the feeling of that whole area. Keep it if you want man it's your map but I'm real big on aesthetics and unfortunately that piece hasn't been refurbished correctly so in really dark areas it looks out f place on forge island

5. Aschur

Would you kindly direct any further comments about my post structure to my pm box? Nothing against you or anything, I just don't want to turn the thread into a discussion between me and you.

In any case, I have gone ahead and fixed some things up in the middle (those rails included) so, thanks for that bit of feedback again.

#5 Aschur, Apr 15, 2013
  6. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

OmGz Feature Na0!1
    But seriously. This is cool RC, Im proud!

7. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

This looks really interesting from the screenshots, especially the first one. The dynamic lighting is really working in your favour there. I'm having trouble working the layout out from the screenshots you've put down though. Any chance of an overview? ;)

8. Aschur

Updated thread with a new picture of middle and a picture of the rocket side.

#8 Aschur, Apr 15, 2013
  9. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

Damn man, how have I not seen this? and if it's avideo you need, I can provide you one.

10. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Dude this looks very cool. I still don't have clue what the layout is however. I need some more pics!

11. Aschur

I tried to contact you Urban, Ill give yu a run through it if were both online sometime. Im busy Watching Defiance right now but Im free after that and tomorrow.

Edit: A couple of changes to address the dominance of the rocket launcher are being made, I will update screenshots where neccessary when the are done.

Edit: Pictures have been updated. Thinking of putting a bridge ovr the water area (perpendicular to the already existing one) and moving Incineration Cannon up there, having to jump on the crates to get it. Might just keep it this way though.

#11 Aschur, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  12. A R C A S I U S

Ironically you posted this in 'forge discussion'...

The new screenshots have helped a bit to ascertain the layout and it's looking really promising, can't can't wait to see it finished