Sandbox Crown Royal

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Gamefreak1792, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Gamefreak1792

Gamefreak1792 Ancient

Crown Royal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Description:
    This map is a castle themed map designed for slayer, CTF, Oddball, Assault and Infection gametypes. The map is basically a giant square based around a middle courtyard structure. In the middle there is a overshield ontop of a stone platform. There are multiple ways into the main room, one by dropping in from the ceiling and the others from the side doors. There are 2 bases at each end of the map. The bases are relatively small and each contain a middle stone platform( like the map) and 2 BRs. As for the outside of the map there are 4 stone pillers 2 of which players can get up onto and snipe from, the other 2 are for aesthetic appeal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Backstory:
    The map idea was started while i was watching the Harry Potter marathon on Fox. While watching, in one of the movies they zoomed out and showed Hogwarts castle and i thought that would make for a cool map. Although i got the idea from the Harry Potter castle it is in no way, shape or form a remake of that castle, this was all by my design. The map overall took me about 12 hours combined to make, without combining them it took me about 3 days of just in and out forging.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weapon List:

The weapons on the map include:

* 6 BRs
    They are set at 10 sec each and around mainly around the bases.
    * 2 Carbines
    Also set at 10 sec they are up on the catwalks on the outside of each base.
    * 2 Brute shot
    These are set at 60 sec and are placed underneath the aesthetic pillers.
    * 2 Sniper rifles
    Up in the pillers, they are set at 120 sec and only have 1 spare clip so they dont overpower.
    * 1 Overshield
    This is the central get-to powerup on the map. Its placed in the center of the map.
    * 1 Regenerator
    Set at the sides of the bases it is countered by the powerdrain.
    * 1 Power Drain
    Also set at the side of each of the bases it is countered by the regenerator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overview:
    Yes i know there are not that many weapons but this is also not a huge map. As i siad before the map is designed for mainly slayer and CTF but i put in Oddball, Assault and infection for those who like the occasional odd variant.
    Thanks for checking out the map and Please leave some good comments or constructive criticism.

[​IMG]

Download here:
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    Thanks-Gamefreak1792

#1 Gamefreak1792, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

Wrong prefix man. But the map looks badass and seems like it'd be amazing for slayer. The bases look a little bland though, you know what I mean? It's not necessarily an aesthetic issue but maybe multiple floors in the bases would help stop spawn issues. Not saying there are any and I can't really tell from looking but it seems like it might be a problem. Not a big problem, just saying.

3. Skitsofrentic

Skitsofrentic Ancient

Love the overall idea of the map. Very well thought out and forged very well. I will have to agree with the spawning problem, but that could be fixed pretty easily. 4/5, nice job.

4. Gamefreak1792

Gamefreak1792 Ancient

ok i fixed the prefix issue and the spawn issue i fixed by making the spawn areas bigger than just the bases. before people would spawn right in the bases no matter what now they spawn over a larger area. and thanks for the good feedback i really appreciate it :)

5. MetaLemur

MetaLemur Ancient

wow th name defiantly fits. this cool. the bases arnt that great but the middle is cool so ill queue it up in the download box since i have the rrod of death. keep on forging bro.

6. Itz May Be A ODST

Wow cool map and cool desing i think you cant put some terretories mode . I love the castel in the midlle so good work !!! 4/5

7. marshie 333

marshie 333 Ancient

I've seen a lot of different castle maps, but you kept yours original. I also like how it's inspired from the HP movies. Btw in your last pic I see a double block off in the distance, not really an issue, I'm guessing it was stacked and you just forgot to delete it.

8. ZOMBIECOW11

ZOMBIECOW11 Ancient

I like these types of sky bubble maps where it isn't easy to fall off of the cliff. It looks very well done and perfectly symmetrical. I think it would be awesome if you put a killball where you would normally jump down to the overshield.Congrats.

#8 ZOMBIECOW11, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  9. Souperintendent

Souperintendent Ancient

The map is awesome! Only one thing: I'd merge the Golf Cups into the stone scenery so that the grass part doesn't stick out. This is a trick I learned from my friend The Flappy on his recent map.

10. Gamefreak1792

Gamefreak1792 Ancient

First off I just wanted to thank everyone for the good feedback, second is I would have made the bases more elaborate but I ran outta money :/ which sucks but what can ya do, at least they r simple and not overcomplicated lolike some of the bases I've seen but anyway thanks for the good feedback and downloads :)