Crossover

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Spicy Forges, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

The stadium has been slowly filling for the past hour and is now finally full. There is great excitement amongst everyone. Suddenly the loudspeakers crackle to life and the stadium falls silent.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our newest battle track. This one even more death defying than last. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... CROSSOVER!"

[​IMG]
    This track will blow your mind, ladies and gentlemen, so let the race begin!

[​IMG]
    Out of the pits and into the first turn...

[​IMG]
    Down the small hill and over the first jump, evading the deadly kill ball...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Around the back section towards the second jump...

[​IMG]
    Off the second jump and now things look dicy...

[​IMG]
    ...BUT NO, he lands it, rounds the turn...

[​IMG]
    ...And heads down the straight onto his second lap.

[​IMG]
    This is unlike anything you have seen before...

[​IMG]
    Truly amazing...

CROSSOVER

And don't forgot to pick up your free tickets...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#1 Spicy Forges, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

Very, very, very nice dude! I really like the post to how it is like an event it is different and cool. The track is very unique and different than many others I have seen. 5/5 nd a download from me.

3. ..::Brotherston!x

Damn Nick it was sheksii in the preview, did you sprinkle some fairy dust on it?
    Its looks fantastic I love what you did at the first corners giving people the choice flat=shorter/lose speed or curve=longer/retain speed. It looks merged to perfection. Defo got a DL from me mate, keep making racetracks your naturally gifted mate.

4. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

DREAMs Pro RaceTrack Review:

Nice idea for a track. It's fairly original and was fun most of the time. There were several major problems with the map though. I give unbiased reviews as of, starting today. In other words, I am going to start reviewing tracks and give them a true score. The score will be unbiased. I will not give my friends a higher score than members I don't know. I will rate a map on my personal play testing, not what someone tells me, or from pics.

Pros:

- Fairly original, suicide figure eight track.
    - Nice integrated spawn placement.
    - Banked barriers attatched to some portions of the track helped turning.

Cons:

- Track only has six mongooses. (Still have a lot of money left, why six??)
    - The goal point is cheatable on the inside lane on foot. (Use four portals interlocked next time.)
    - The second jump only works if you have a lot of speed. (Use a propulsion system maybe, or make the jump steeper)
    - The lighting and filters are lacking and the map looks boring.
    - No link to Battle Snipes?

Final Score:

2.8/5

5. Capton Furgler

Capton Furgler Ancient

Nice to see this posted Crypto. This was pretty fun...when people where camping at the spawn trying to kill everyone...lol. Although it was still fun.

6. x DREAM 76 x

This is due to only having six mongooses at the spawn. If there were eight, then there would be less spawn camping because more players would actually be driving.

7. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Hey thanks for the review.
    Just a few things I have to say:
    - I delibrately placed only 6 mongooses because the track is very small. Eight would not have worked.
    - Goal point is cheatable? I made sure it wasn't before I submitted this. Hmm, I'll go back and have a look at that.
    - Lightning/effects. Well I guess I could add gloomy effect and some lights and then say, ooh lighting effect!
    - There IS a link to battle snipes, not sure what your on about.

Also, this was my first attempt at a race/battle track so I think I did pretty well, and others agree to that.

#7 Spicy Forges, Jan 1, 2010
  8. x DREAM 76 x

Yeah, the funny thing is I knew this was your logic & mentality. The amount of players in a race is controlled from the lobby. You can set a max number of players. Let's say you want only six players in your party, you just set the max players in the party to six.

The tracks must have all eight mongooses for the game variants to work at their maximum potential. Even if you only have lets say six players in your party, having eight mongooses available at the spawn will just mean that there will almost always be one available.

Especially in the case of your map where the last jump is kind of flawed. A lot of mongooses will explode there. Having the eight available will just mean the game play will be more balanced. I would not try to steer you wrong brother. Fix the map and I would be glad to update the review. The thing is I actually like the map. It's just that It cannot really be used in a BT competitive setting.

Edit: Oh and don't lie about the Snipe link. I remember you had two star icons next to each other. I was staring at them this morning. Now there are three icons because you added BT Snipes. Don't lie, lol.

#8 x DREAM 76 x, Jan 1, 2010
  9. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Hey Crypto, glad to see you got this posted!
    I am not normally a fan of race maps, but the close calls that this map has to offer really do make it an interesting and fun game to play.

Great job, maybe do some more race maps in the future, hmm?

10. S4L PSYCHOPATH

S4L PSYCHOPATH Forerunner

this map looks like alot of fun, other than that nice forging

11. Organite

Organite Journalist

This track is pretty fun to mess around on but one big thing that kept getting me is that the small bump on the first bank makes it very easy to flip and if you have enough speed it sends you over the edge. You say this is your first track which is pretty good but fix what I've said in combination with dream's review and this could be a very fun BT map.