Foundry Crossfire

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by maxp0095, May 2, 2009.

1. maxp0095

maxp0095 Ancient

[​IMG]

Crossfire

Crossfire, a map made by maxp0095, with thanks to JPC95, zzmonkeyz, SINGOD, blackblade, and mc00985 for help with testing.

I have to be honest, I rushed into making this map thinking it was going to be a breeze. All of those people on forgehub made great maps, why cant I? I was sadly mistaken...... While I was sitting on my couch, trying to geomerge crap and on the verge of throwing my xbox off a cliff, I thought about how much other people who make GREAT maps had to do this way more than me. So I calmed down. I was patient with myself and the annoying double boxes. For 3 weeks.
    I cant call this my best slayer map, just the hardest for me to make. Crossfire.

Here is an overview of the map
    [​IMG]

This is another oveview
    [​IMG]

Center piece with Rocket Launcher
    [​IMG]

Middle of the map; Deployable cover for close up battles.
    [​IMG]

Needler on Double wall bridge
    [​IMG]

Power Drain under, Br on top
    [​IMG]

Structure mid, neutral spawn is also inside.
    [​IMG]

Inside of a base
    [​IMG]

Sniper Spawn on other side
    [​IMG]

Sniper Spawn on other side
    [​IMG]

Br platform on same side as above
    [​IMG]

Weapons
    Rocket x1-2 shots 90 sec
    Sniper x2- 4 rounds 60 sec
    Battle Rifle x8
    Shotgun x2 6 rounds 60 sec
    Magnum x2 30 sec
    Assault Rifle x4
    Needler x1
    Regen x1
    Power Drain x1
    Deployable Cover x1
    Bubble Shield x2
    Frag Grenade x6

Supports: Multi-Flag/One flag, Slayer/Team Slayer)
    Recommended: Team Slayer

There are Hiding Spots on this map I intended to make. Well, not really hiding as much as it is tactical fighting, but there are ways to get in little sniper spots. It is impossible to get out of the map though.

I'm not expecting a great applause, I am just excited I finally finished it, and there are a few sloppy spots, but please constructive criticism.

#1 maxp0095, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

This looks pretty good. Some of the structures seem random though. i also know how you feel about a lot of merging. I remember when i used to freak out when i couldn't get a merge right. And i don't blame you. The weapon placement seems good. I honestly don't see any major flaws. It's just a map to play on. It doesn't have big aesthetics and crappy ggameplay or crappy aesthetics and good gameplay, it's just inbetwween, which is good. Good job.

3. exploreTheGore

exploreTheGore Ancient

This is why foundry is still a great map to forge on because of masterpieces like this. I love the flow of the map and all the buildings seem to fit nicely. I especially like the sniper spawn in the second to last picture. I also love the middle structure because it looks like a centerpiece but it also has good ascetics because you had to interlock 8 boxes to get that look. I give this map a 4/5 but I am definitely downloading this to get some good games going.

4. maxp0095

maxp0095 Ancient

thanks!

Wow thanks for the comments. :)