Cross-atlantic connection...

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Etholon, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Etholon

Etholon Forerunner

Is this a huge issue in Reach?
    I normally use the "Good Connection" option when i search for games so I don't have lag that often, but if i were to play custom games or whatever with americans would that be a big problem?
    Been seing some "Add me for custom games :D" threads going and I'd love to get in on that but if the connections too bad I'd be a sad panda. :)

//eTh

(Ignorantly assuming the majority of people here are americans)

2. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I'm Canadian, and I can connect to most British players easily; assuming they have a decent Internet provider.
    It shouldn't be too much of an issue.

3. alienman911

alienman911 Ancient

Canadian as well and I personally get better connection to Europe than to Ameica

4. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Uhm... my internet kinda sucks and I'm in china.. so it's not TERRIBLE when I try to connect with friends from the states.. but at the same time it's not great.

I think it really depends on your internet connection.

5. Etholon

Etholon Forerunner

Doesn't seem to bad then.
    Thanks for the replies :)

6. Flameblad3

Flameblad3 Ancient

I'm in Melbourne, Australia and I can connect to American players just fine. There's a little bit of lag, but nothing huge, just barely noticable.

7. LD

LD Ancient

German here, when playing with my fellow hubbers I never had problems, neither in H3 nor in Reach.

8. Boss Of Games

Boss Of Games Forerunner

There is although the big connection problem that people are complaining about. On the bungie forums, someone completely replaced everything in his house and he still can't play Reach. Something is definitely messing with everyone. I don't even know if it is due to the older Xboxes.