Criss Cross V2

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by OrionHardy, Feb 24, 2012.

1. OrionHardy

OrionHardy Promethean

Map Description

Double wide track that crosses over itself 4 times with a bounce section in the middle, which also has an explosion traps going off. Idea of the map is to have a lot of collision in the middle bounce section so the map can get very chaotic, with collisions potentially happening from all four directions either head on or from the side.

Map was Originally called PPO, which was made by me, Wolfie Smith 87 and Simon Milburn. The original map was made in less than half an hour and contain a kill ball trap and teleporters, used bridge pieces as the track and started in the coliseum.
    It was made as a practical joke to annoy a friend. However I liked the main idea of the track (the bounce section) so decide to replace the bridge pieces with 4x4 flat blocks to make it more playable for more people.

This resulted in Criss Cross. Which looks like this:

Spawning Area
    [​IMG]

Main Racing Area
    [​IMG]

I was happy with this, but after watching videos on Youtube reviewing other tracks, realised that kill ball traps and teleporters aren't very popular in racing. Plus this map only had 11 spawn points. So I went back and updated the map to Criss Cross V2, So now the Kill Ball and teleporters are there for aesthetic reasons, removed the spawning area from the coliseum so that the map is only in one area and increased the spawn count to the proper 16.

Map Overview:
    [​IMG]

You can find a review of my Map by ProForgeRacing member Boyd Da Milkman here.

Where he mentions the problem with the bounce section flipping you. I found the best well to stop this once you airborne coming off the top is to let go of the throttle, this won't completely stop it but it reduces it.

Thank you to anyone who plays the map, hope you enjoy.
    [​IMG]

#1 OrionHardy, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012