Sandbox Creek

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by xxxjason7xxx, Sep 19, 2009.

1. xxxjason7xxx

xxxjason7xxx Ancient

Creek is a small to medium sized map set up for slayer and capture the flag gametypes. It is recommendeed for 2-6 players. The map features a creek (dried up sort of), 2 cool side structures and a small pond. This is my first map post on forgehub and much constructive criticism is welcome. The map really hasn't been tested yet.

Weapons/Equipment
    4 BR's (45/ 1 clip)
    2 smgs
    2 plasma rifles
    1 needler
    1 sentinal beam (45 sec.)
    1 mauler (45/ 1 clip)
    active camo (120 sec.)

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    overview
    [​IMG]
    overview 2
    [​IMG]
    a look up the creek
    [​IMG]
    active camo spawn
    [​IMG]
    a view of blue base
    [​IMG]
    a second view
    [​IMG]
    tele-door in blue base
    [​IMG]
    Tele-door leads here
    [​IMG]
    cool side structure
    [​IMG]
    red base and pond
    [​IMG]
    back of red base
    [​IMG]
    looking out from under arch structure
    [​IMG]
    looking out from red base
    [​IMG]
    random pic looking out from blue

Thats my map, hope you enjoy it. Download Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

2. i can forge

i can forge Ancient

Really nice for your first post, you did a really good design and your interlocking looks good. So please keep forging. 10/10

3. Meteor

Meteor Ancient

Beautiful aesthetics, very impressive. To be honest though, it looks rather cramped. That could just be me, being a BTB fanatic, but it doesn't look like you have much room to manouver during battles and like you might tend to get caught on certain objects.

4. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Forgehub Tester's guild can fix that for you. Check my sig. In a perfect world, every map would go through the tester's guild.

5. VIBlackDragonIV

VIBlackDragonIV Ancient

Thank you thank you thank you for actually doing a fantastic job on your post. It seems like every new person said screw the rules I already know what to do and then hacked their poor maps to pieces. You did an awesome job posting and a great job forging. For the first map on here from you we can tell that you know more than just the basic skills and your effort shows. Only thing is the Testers Guild is a wonderful service here at forgehub use it a lot. Kudos and welcome to forgehub

6. Plasmy

Plasmy Ancient

Very nicely done! I love the aesthetic approach to this map!

We haven't seen a creek based map in a long time. I love it when people actually make maps that have some sort of terrain based structures.

I'd say feature worthy from what i'm looking at so far, you have many great things that were put into the map. I will surely take a look at this and come back to critic the gameplay on Creek.

4.5/5

~Plasmaterial~

7. ShotRangE

ShotRangE Ancient

Hey, welcome to forgehub. I'd like to say that your map looks great, I recommend that you had tested the map before you posted it up because it might have mistakes for spawns or whatever. I haven't downloaded or played on the map yet, I will soon but right now I am judging from the pictures.

You were successful upon making the map have the 'creek' feel. Your map also has good aesthetics and interlocking. The map looks likes it could be a conquest map aswell. The center piece of the map looks nice and that it was the first thing that I actually noticed when I looked at your thread.

I felt that you kinda' got lazy on some parts of your map and it shows. What I mean is that you know how to interlock, so why didn't you interlock the other parts of the map? For example, the 'barriers' on your map that prevents you from getting out of the map.

The map looks great overall, keep up the good work.

8. unix60959

unix60959 Ancient

Nice map brother. the thing i like best about this map is that its small so theres constant action and the games will move quick i also like the grass.

10/10 woot

9. Chicago Jagwire

Chicago Jagwire Ancient

Looks absolutely beautiful. I am a little skeptical about how it will play based on it's design. Judging only from the pictures it looks a bit claustrophobic being one long hallway with a few deadend rooms. Then again I could be wrong, I will defiantly give it a DL to see for myself.

10. unix60959

unix60959 Ancient

awesome map!