Debate Creation or Evolution?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by God Of Forge, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiruken

shiruken Ancient

What? Have you ever taken any biology classes? Evolution is simply the changing in genetic material in organisms from one generation to the next. You are correct in saying that evolution is how we came to be the dominant species on the planet. However, why evolution occurs is strictly out of necessity for a species' continued existence. There is no guiding hand.

2. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

Evolution is God's greatest creation.
    He's probably thinking what fools you are.
    Well, if he existed. =)

3. RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR

RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR Ancient

Ok then let me start by saying this.

Why has religion taken so many ideas and theories to use to prove themselves right when the ideas/theories were wrong. Who is to say that creation is right as it is another theory with no back up but a book which could have been written by anyone.

Also they have used Galens work because it fit in so well with there religion when he was a man of science, which some of it was later proven wrong. This meant they kept wrong ideas going for 1500 years meaning they also hindered medicine.

Then there was the unveiling of the germ by Pasteur, when the church told us that we got ill because of God punishing us for our sins and wrong doings. Yet another theory of the church denied.

I refuse to beleive in creation because it is based on a belief which has had so many wrong beliefs in the past and that is based on many versions of one book known as the 'bible'.

Evolution on the other hand has been proven by evidence older than the bible, and has been proven by many different things, not just one book. Science also continues to try and prove or disprove theories and ideas, unlike religion which doesn't question it ideas and beliefs.

At least science is trying to help the world move foward and help us to understand more, religion is more close minded, and somewhat undecided which is why I can not believe in the theory of creation.

Also earlier you say what caused/made the Big Bang. We don't know but we are trying to find out.

I could say the same thing also, what created/caused God to appear. But you can not say religion is trying to find out.

4. AgileDan92

AgileDan92 Ancient

He didn't contradict himself. I all honesty, Christianity was created by Constantine as a way to control the masses. The ideas was to scare them into following secular laws by using a fear of Hell. Any disobeying of God was a straight ticket to Hell, and since rulers had to be of divine mandate, disobeying them was disobeying God.

5. iwhbyd

iwhbyd Ancient

wait, if you are a christian, why is your name El Diablo? last time i checked that was Spanish for devil, and the devil is supposed to be bad right?

6. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Evolution you CAN prove with a variety of things.
    Creation you CAN'T prove because you can't see or talk to god.

This is my two cents.

7. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

I thought it was basic enough but apparently people still don't know that theory =/= proven.

8. iwhbyd

iwhbyd Ancient

just like how god isnt proven, but people still believe in that

9. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

Its people like you that make me want to tear my head off. Did I ever say it was proven? Maybe my general statement applied to both sides? Maybe you should stop springing to a conclusion? Did I ever deny that? No, maybe, yes, and no.

Don't even bother posting comments like these. They add nothing to the debate except show that you can't bring anything to the debate, because

a) You're uneducated about the debate
    b) You're eating red herring
    c) You have no idea what you're talking about
    d) All of the above

10. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

My response:

Don't forget yourself. You are in the same spot you claim he is in. You don't know what you're talking about and to parade it as arrogantly as you have is just rude. To top that, what I believe is a valid point, you trashed and insulted yet you have no capability of looking yourself in the mirror and see you are what you hate.

11. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

What an assertive response! That's quite a tall statement for someone who isn't basing that assumption off of anything I've said. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I merely stated the list of things which prevent him from debating properly. If you wish to continue as to call myself a hypocrite, feel free to do so, but you must first have substantial evidence rather than slander me because you can.

12. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Hahhh... If only you knew what you were talking about.

13. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

Yet another baseless response.. where has your debating prowess wandered off to? Asserting my faults without substantiation is foolish and ironic given the current situation. That, or you're needling, which is idiotic either way.

Deriving intentions from your post, by what means do you have against a theory not being a fact? Although a theory very well may turn out to be a fact, at the current moment it is a theory because it is not.

14. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Oh I'm not debating. I'm just ridiculing you. This is first grade stuff. I'm not going to debate you on whether a theory is a fact. If you knew the definition of theory you would know it is. If you knew what science was about, you would know it is.

I've done this too many times. I'm tired of it. So, with all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about and honestly you're stupid if you don't understand this.

15. ZOMBIECOW11

ZOMBIECOW11 Ancient

I believe in Creation. However, I do believe humans have drastically changed to survive. More like adaption. This type of adaption I believe was created by God so that his race could survive. So my argument would be creation and adaption.

16. RabidZergling

RabidZergling Ancient

You know, the point of a debate is to argue for your ideas, not just to state what you believe and walk away.

17. shiruken

shiruken Ancient

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so read up on evolution before trying to bastardize it.

Evolution is the change in genetic material of a population of organisms between generations. Adaptation is the process whereby an organism becomes better suited to its habitat. Therefore adaptation is a mechanism of evolution.

The process of evolution is a well-supported theory of science and your claiming that adaptation, in fact, is the true process is ridiculous at best. You are correct is saying that adaptation has played a role in human evolution, but recognize that it is merely one of several mechanisms that drive evolution.

18. Zachary9990

Zachary9990 Ancient

Hey, ever hear of Neanderthals, they were present only a few thousand years back. Are we still short and carry clubs? no. And fora more recent example, people of the mid-evil age often barely crested over 5' tall. While there were some 'giants' that made it to 5' 6" or even 6', there were no where as many people as tall as there is now. That sir, is evolution.

19. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Firstly, Neanderthals belonged to a different clade and second, increases in height over recent years are due to better diet.

20. shiruken

shiruken Ancient

Please never spell the word "Medieval" the way you did. Seriously? mid-evil?

The evolution you are talking about would take place over hundreds of thousands of years, not a few millenia. As Nitrous said above, the increase in height (and weight) is most likely the result of improved diets (see wiki on human height).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.